Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I’m a member of this club too. Thought it was slag after welding, but Adam said they run a tap thru it before shipping, so I’m 99% sure it was powder coat in the threads. It was like glue! Never got the heim joint out.

Murcielago311

Luckily, yes. My friend works with machinery and spent probably an hour with the tap, t handle, and cutting oil. Started the tap from the back side where the threads were still clean. It's solid now.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Ok I'll own up, I too am the proud owner of a 3/4x16 LH tap that I'll never need again. The outer rod end on my upper passenger arm. Just the slightest bit of resistance and it was nearly welded in there.

Not sure if it was rust or some powder that caused it but i think everyone should use a Dremel wire wheel or even a tap before threading in the rod ends.

Let me know if you or anyone else needs the tap.
Murc, I would like to take you up on this. Karter isn't sure where his tap disappeared to. I'll PM you my address. I REALLY appreciate this!

RouteAbel

Awesome Ark. I've always compared our progress because we started about the same time, seem to be similar experience, and both did our own wiring harness. I'm pretty **** close to first start as well. God speed to the finish.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
There are times I wish I lived around the corner from all the builders. I would love to stand in the garage and be a part of all the first start ups. Just such a thrill!!
We're gonna need some videos from you guys! :)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Yeah, absolutely. I have no intention of removing any bits unless I have to. Probably can remove the second radiator fan though, aye? The high-temp one?