Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

lksohm

I have a Cricut that can cut a max of 12x24, how big is yours?
I don't remember the brand of mine. It was a college graduation gift to myself almost ten years ago. It uses rolls and can do anything up to 31" wide at a time.
I’m game if y’all are game. A PAC-Man black outline (because mine is yellow already) eating a “coyote, hemi and LSx” would be cool on the spark plug cover of mine. I’ll pay for whatever.
Message me if you want something. I just enjoy making decals, especially if it rags on LS and mopar lol.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Shifter and parking brake are in. Parking brake is tested and functional, but the shifter isn't working right. Front-to-back (like, going from 1st to 2nd, or 3rd to 4th) seems to work fine, but left-to-right seems bound up somewhere. I ran out of time/daylight to troubleshoot. I may have the cables mixed up, I'm not sure.

20200729_203303.jpg

Murcielago311

I had to fiddle with mine a lot to catch fifth and reverse. Also had to shave some of the reverse lockout off the metal tab on the shifter.
The cable for left/right movement was basically maxed out at all points to get the most pull at the trans possible.

Goblin Guru
Got the shifter working right for the most part, but I can't get it to engage 2nd at all, and 5th is a chore. 1st, 3rd, 4th, and Reverse are all good to go.

Goblin Guru
Just about there.

I took my seats back out in order to add anchor points to my tunnel cover sections. I've now got the piece with the parking brake, and the piece with the shifter, riveted in. I will probably regret my decision to use rivets, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. While the seats were out, I also installed the lower three points of each of my 5-point harnesses, then I threw the seats back in.

I adjusted my shifter properly and now every gear engages just fine. The shifter takes some getting used to, but I think it's just about right.

Next up:
  1. Finish the third brake light wiring (still waiting on a new control box for my wing, but it's coming)
  2. Cut my tunnel cover into three sections, de-burr the edges and touch up with my Ford metallic gray touch up paint
  3. Finish the gearshift/shifter cables
  4. Assemble the parking brake (the paint is drying on it now, forgot to paint it before)
  5. Bleed the brakes and clutch
  6. Finish cutting my engine cover to fit around the turbo intercooler and piping, and de-burr the edges
  7. Sand the hood and engine cover lightly with 220 grit sandpaper, lay out my pattern with painter's tape, and spray
  8. Find and buy 5-point harnesses, and mount them
  9. Drill the holes for the side panels, wrap them, and mount them
  10. Final check for leaks, finishing touches, push-button start, send the BCM off to Odo-Pro for zeroing, etc etc.
Oh, and I almost forgot .... my first-drive video. Let the hatred from my neighbors (and calls to the local police) begin.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sweet. :cool:

I thought you were taking it for a drive though? :p That’s more like a zip. o_O

just kidding. Glad the shifter is worked out. That is tricky.

Goblin Guru
I wish I could take it for a real drive. With no plates/registration, I dare not risk it. Hell, someone called the cops when I left my wrecked donor sit outside for a single overnight.

I have to look at the towing laws for my state. If I can tow it somewhere for a test drive, like a big empty parking lot or something, I will.

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I wish I could take it for a real drive. My neighbors are dickheads and would love nothing more than to call the local cops on me. With no plates/registration, I dare not risk it. Hell, they called the cops when I left my wrecked donor sit outside for a single overnight.

I have to look at the towing laws for my state. If I can tow it somewhere for a test drive, like a big empty parking lot or something, I will.
Come on down to Texas Jeremy. We got some big roads and friendly folks here ...... :)
Congrats!!!!!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I have cam lock harness and I am tired of explaining how they go on. I would go nuts trying to explain those lever latch locks.:rolleyes:

benjy

I really like that style of latch, they have better positive engagement than cam locks IMO.