Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
HOA's are for people who can not mind their own business and need some one to complain too.

I would be that one who showed up at a meeting with dune buggy pictures and Ariel Atom pictures. And present them to the board and ask them if they want to tell me what one is a dune buggy and what is not. Then explain that it is a street legal track car so get used to it!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Get it registered as fast as you can so you can say it is legally operating on the roads.
And start videoing 100% of the time. Cheap and easy to do that these days.
Next thing they will call about is not wearing a mask while driving it.......

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I had to top mine off at least 3-4 times after driving the first 40-50 miles. I kept looking for drips. All the air finally worked its way out. I think the intercooler is the last place it purges from.
I just had to add some to mine yesterday, Like the 3rd time

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
HOA's are for people who can not mind their own business and need some one to complain too.

I would be that one who showed up at a meeting with dune buggy pictures and Ariel Atom pictures. And present them to the board and ask them if they want to tell me what one is a dune buggy and what is not. Then explain that it is a street legal track car so get used to it!
That's definitely my intention, once I get it titled. I won't upset the apple cart before then, though. It probably will not be titled until early 2021, though, so I'll be keeping it hidden until then, unless I tow it somewhere for testing.

If I lived in medieval times, I'd be the type that would favor a heavy, 2-handed hammer over a swift 1-handed scimitar. Far fewer, but much more impactful strikes. :O

Get it registered as fast as you can so you can say it is legally operating on the roads.
And start videoing 100% of the time. Cheap and easy to do that these days.
Next thing they will call about is not wearing a mask while driving it.......
Don't think registering is going to happen this season anymore, unfortunately.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
My guess is they'd want you to keep the burnouts and launches out of the neighborhood, I can see how that'd be a concern to fellow neighbors with kids who may play in the street.

Goblin Guru
Absolutely. But, it was nothing that extreme, trust me. I didn't lay any rubber, and the actual "launch" was only once (testing clutch grab). Still, I do get that side of it and would never drive that way normally.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You better get it plated and insured. My brother taught me "Don't $h!t in your own neighborhood!" when I get throttle happy near home. I pointed out that I was in his neighborhood. :)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I live out of the city limits and we don't have any official HOA. But after a newer, younger resident had friends get drunk and do donuts in the shared neighborhood gravel driveway, three of us "older and grumpy" neighbors decided to go pay him a visit. The joke was one of us was busy pitching hay, the other shoveling a hole, and the last practicing swinging a bat when we decided to visit. Lol! I was about to that point after personally blading the road almost every weekend.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Took me a bit to figure out that you guys were holding a shovel, pitch fork, and baseball bat. I'm thinking you got your message across!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ark, that is just being too serious from your HOA. Those people would have a cow out here in AZ, since people drive anything and everything on the street from golf carts to all types of offroad vehicles - including dunebuggies and sandrails.

Goblin Guru
Ark, that is just being too serious from your HOA. Those people would have a cow out here in AZ, since people drive anything and everything on the street from golf carts to all types of offroad vehicles - including dunebuggies and sandrails.
Well, this very same HOA about shat their pants last year when one of our neighbors used brown mulch in his flower beds instead of black mulch, so, gather from that what you will.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
My neighborhood has an HOA but no one really seems to give a hoot. We have many kids with ATVs, dirtbikes, golf carts, and one dude with both a "slider" trike and a sand rail that he rides up and down the roads. This is a relatively decent east coast neighborhood, nothing fancy but definitely not back woods redneck playgrounds...

Everyone's very excited to see my kit get finished, though. One of them was a little apprehensive at my choice of [no] muffler. I told him the turbo would muffle it enough, but it's not like I'm gonna be redlining it at 4 am.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
**** Karen’s.

no way I could live in a neighborhood like that. Hell, my old neighborhood had a hoa, that was a total pita. I infiltrated them and became president. :D I changed a whole lot of things there, for the better. The biggest thing was that we could enforce rules, but not nitpick or be dicks. i was prez for 10 years, until I moved last year. I still get emails from them looking for advice.

on that note. I know hoa -bs inside and out. If you need help fighting them, I can help. :cool:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
My new neighborhood wants me on the board, but I need a break. Not to mention, what few deed restrictions we have here, most wouldn’t be enforceable in a courtroom. :eek: That’s why I bought here, among a few other things.

Goblin Guru
I'm going to be installing front- and rear-facing cameras in the Goblin. In my small amount of test-driving so far, it's obvious to me that a rear-facing backup camera will be very helpful, since it's tough to turn and look behind due to 5-point harnesses. The monitor I've selected for this is a pretty nice little unit, being able to display the front-facing camera full-time and auto-sense a signal and switch to the rear camera when appropriate ... and it seems that both the cameras and the monitor are capable of 60hz, something I did not expect. The monitor is 5", and fits perfectly where I want it.

I've got it wired, but I need to decide on final mounting points for the cameras. So, it's a proof-of-concept for now, at least.

20200813_200507.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That’s pretty cool. I know what you mean trying to see behind you. Not that things are really blocking, but I can’t crook my neck enough being strapped in. I’d like to do that but dash real estate is a premium.

MisterDave

I am thinking about adding cameras... I was looking at the screens that look like rear view mirrors. Did you wire to the battery or did you use a wire from the harness?

Goblin Guru
That’s pretty cool. I know what you mean trying to see behind you. Not that things are really blocking, but I can’t crook my neck enough being strapped in. I’d like to do that but dash real estate is a premium.
Yep, the dash space premium is why I went with a screen that suctions onto the windshield. I had concerns about the strength of the suction cup but it seems very solid, and 5" is the perfect size to go right above the ignition.

I am thinking about adding cameras... I was looking at the screens that look like rear view mirrors. Did you wire to the battery or did you use a wire from the harness?
I picked out a pink wire that leads to the button panel, tested to make sure it's a "12v with ignition on" wire, added a junction and extension, and wired to that for both the camera and screen. For the back camera I used the 12v reverse from one of the taillights.