Ark's City Goblin (2007 2.0L LSJ donor) - Aborted mission

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
After looking at the cams last night and thinking on it for a bit, this project as it is right this moment, is dead in the water. I can't justify sinking the money into rebuilding the engine; I don't know what I'm doing and I never bargained for such a project. SO I've listed the engine for sale as-is on the FB marketplace; we'll see if I get any bites.

Additionally, the Ecotec 2.0L engine I was looking at seems to be out of reach, as the owner has broke off communication.

I've already got a new donor in sight, and this one runs! My wife will be quite upset at me for bringing another car home to strip, but what can I say. It's either that or bail on the project in full, which I do not want to do. Suffice it to say, going forward, I need to minimize my mistakes or I won't have a choice but to pull the plug.

Going to PM Lonny/Adam to lock/delete this in the near future. I'll start a proper build thread without so many useless posts from me, once I have another donor. I really, really appreciate all the support I've gotten on this forum already, you guys are literally the best. Thank you all!

Jeremy

Dylan Stan

Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Im in Detroit and know these engines pretty well. I dont know if i can be off assistance but im willing to help. Easy way to identify that engine is toast or not. I started my build with same timing chain guide broken and off time.

Goblin Guru
Thank you for the offer. At this point, I know it needs a head, rockers, and at least one cam and I haven't even gotten the head off yet to survey the damage. People on FB marketplace are beating down the door to get this engine, so I think I'm just gonna take the loss and move on. Seems like I could get more for it if I split up the motor/trans/supercharger, but I need it to move fast if I'm looking at another donor (and oh boy, am I).

Ross

Goblin Guru
Glad to hear you are moving forward, even thou you had a rough start. A glimmer of good came of all this, as it motivated me to replace my timing chain tensioner, which is one of the early designs that is know to fail. I want to avoid the fate of your old engine.

Goblin Guru
Good! Everyone should do so if they haven't already. I believe that's exactly what happened. When I pulled the old tensioner out, there was no pressure on the plunger at all, gave the timing chain plenty of slack to hop around. No bueno.