Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Your second pic is IC pump, which should be stock on a TC engine. The stock one has a big aluminum bracket, but the one in the pic is an aftermarket one from somewhere like zzp. I don’t recall any brackets from goblin for it, because it should already be on there.

the first one, like others have said, the weighted lever goes to the right side of the shifter.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Your second pic is IC pump, which should be stock on a TC engine. The stock one has a big aluminum bracket, but the one in the pic is an aftermarket one from somewhere like zzp. I don’t recall any brackets from goblin for it, because it should already be on there.
Umm...?? The kit comes with an aftermarket IC pump (ZZP) and a mounting kit to attach it to the oil pan. I've seemingly misplaced my mounting kit baggie.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
On a side note, if you haven’t mounted your tunnel tower yet, set up the shifter, arms and rod on a bench, then when you mount it, all you have to do is add the shift cables and fine tune.

if you have the park brake option, do the same on a bench.

my back thanked me for this.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Umm...?? The kit comes with an aftermarket IC pump (ZZP) and a mounting kit to attach it to the oil pan. I've seemingly misplaced my mounting kit baggie.
well, mine didn’t then. o_O My pump was fried so I repaired it. The stock mount is in the same place, just bigger. I don’t really see a point in replacing the bracket, when its all there already.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

the first one, like others have said, the weighted lever goes to the right side of the shifter.
The TC in the Cobalt uses an air-to-air intercooler, so no IC pump or bracket from the donor. The DF TC package comes with the Bosch pump, hoses, bracket and hardware to mount to the engine/pan.

Goblin Guru
Would someone with a TC and a parking brake kit, please take a picture of one of your rear calipers? I have a feeling I got the wrong calipers. Thanks in advance.

MisterDave

Would someone with a TC and a parking brake kit, please take a picture of one of your rear calipers? I have a feeling I got the wrong calipers. Thanks in advance.
I was actually looking for my rear calipers today and I can't find them.... I have the front ones, but not the rear. You got 4 calipers with your kit right?

Goblin Guru
I did get four calipers with my kit, yes, but I am pretty sure my rear calipers are the wrong ones. I did the parking brake add-on, which should have come with different calipers.

You're a TC donor so you definitely should have gotten four.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I did get four calipers with my kit, yes, but I am pretty sure my rear calipers are the wrong ones. I did the parking brake add-on, which should have come with different calipers.

You're a TC donor so you definitely should have gotten four.
The parking brake calipers are the same across the board . There is a difference in the mounting bracket thickness between the N/A, S/C and the T/C cars. See the thread on parking brakes Parking Brake Bracket There is a photo of the calipers in that same thread on first and last page.

Goblin Guru
Yeah, my rear calipers don't have the mechanism to hold the cable. So, I guess I did get the wrong ones.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The rears are Pontiac solstice, so they look different than the cobalt. Fronts are 09 cobalt. I thought I had a pic of mine and/or Jason’s, but I guess I don’t. :rolleyes:

Goblin Guru
Well that sucks! Now I'm at a stand-still!

What was it my grandfather taught me .... oh yeah. "Patience is a virtue!"

Ross

Goblin Guru
Here is a pic of the rear Solstice caliper:

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys. Definitely not the calipers I've got. I guess I can move on to wiring up my headlights at least. Maybe I should ship out my BCM to Odo-Pro while I am waiting on parts.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I believe the solstice calipers are machined by DF to add the ebrake mount, so you wouldn't be able to just purchase solstice calipers unfortunately.