Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
No doubt. Now I just have to re-wrap and re-shape my harness a little bit, throw the BCM and kickplate back in, and keep goin'.

MisterDave

That's awesome! congrats!
I am missing that red cap too... I'm also missing the red cover that goes around positive battery connection. Haven't been able to find one for sale anywhere yet.

Goblin Guru
That's awesome! congrats!
I am missing that red cap too... I'm also missing the red cover that goes around positive battery connection. Haven't been able to find one for sale anywhere yet.
I may have one of those. If I can find it, I'll send it your way.

Goblin Guru
Ahhhhhh, sorry for leading you on, but the extra power wire I have floating around my garage is missing the red cover.

20200701_171648.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I was pretty confident that the problem wasn't something directly related to what you did. No wires hooked up wrong, no missing wires, good grounds, etc. Let me stroke your ego here a bit and say this. You're not afraid to ask questions, you have a good understanding of things even though you may not think so, and you most importantly LISTEN to anyone who tries to help you along the way. No hard headedness whatsoever.

I'm super stoked that you got it starting like it's supposed to. Now you can move on to the key less start which I will be following along to see what you come up with.

Goblin Guru
Any thoughts on a reasonable way to check regular heater-loop coolant circulation without opening the loop while the engine is running to spill it all over? Bearing in mind that I do not yet have an Info button to check coolant temps.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You just want to know if the heater loop is circulating? Or are you wanting to know if the engine coolant is circulating?
Either way, use your hand. Check if the little rubber heater hose loop is hot, or to check the engine coolant, touch the metal tube beside the driver's seat - It gets warm when the engine coolant is circulating.

Goblin Guru
Idea being that I don't want to let it get hot in the first place. Would rather start it up and know immediately if coolant is circulating. Maybe I'll just open the loop and clean up whatever comes out.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You just want to know if the heater loop is circulating? Or are you wanting to know if the engine coolant is circulating?
Either way, use your hand. Check if the little rubber heater hose loop is hot, or to check the engine coolant, touch the metal tube beside the driver's seat - It gets warm when the engine coolant is circulating.
This. Your hand in all locations. Access the “temp” function on the dash for coolant temps, but touching the hoses and the rad all over is a good way to confirm coolant is getting all over.

the engine can handle a lot more temps than you think, so letting it warm up a little and touching all over will show it’s “working”.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The only “problem” I had was getting it to all purge. Everything felt warm, but some was hotter than others. I watched the temps on the dash and it was creeping up. if you hit the gas a little, the water pump moves faster to circulate and will finally “purge” the air out. Once you get it up to temp, leave the coolant cap off and let it cool. It’ll burp out air, then you can top it off and roll on.

Goblin Guru
Two preemptive questions:

20200705_190412.jpg

In the above pic, the shifter cable on top goes to the LEFT side or the RIGHT side of the shifter?

20190126_173354.jpg

In the pic above (not my pic), I believe I am missing the small adapter plate that mounts between the pump and the oil pan. Could someone please tell me what the ID # is on the baggie that contains this little kit?

Thanks in advance!

MisterDave

The intercooler pump bag is L22I.

just ran my transmission cables. I haven’t hooked them up yet. But I set it up with the upper arm(with counter weight) going to passenger side and the lower arm to the drivers side.

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys. I can't find L22I anywhere so I looked at my packing list. I checked it off, so I must have received it. Guess I'll have to bug Adam to buy another. Woops!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Two preemptive questions:

View attachment 15359

In the above pic, the shifter cable on top goes to the LEFT side or the RIGHT side of the shifter?

View attachment 15360

In the pic above (not my pic), I believe I am missing the small adapter plate that mounts between the pump and the oil pan. Could someone please tell me what the ID # is on the baggie that contains this little kit?

Thanks in advance!
left cable at trans goes to left side of shifter (driver's side). Easy peasie.