ATK Long Block MAP sensor

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
For those that purchased the the ATK LNF/LDK/LHU long block, has anyone gotten to the point that they have wired in the MAP sensor that comes on the intake with that block? Its part # 12612110 which seems to be a 4 bar map sensor from a Buick Regal Turbo and has a different wiring connector, has a different size hole in the intake and will need adjustments in the tune. Of course my donor car had been messed with so much, I really don't know what may have been stock or already changed out. I've ordered another connector but haven't received it yet to be able to confirm if its correct.

Anyone else already resolved these issue or am I the first to get to this point?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
So maybe I'm the first to get to this point with the ATK long block. I can confirm that the Standard S1458 will connect to the 12612110 MAP sensor. I gave almost $40 through RockAuto, although it looks like it is the same as ISUMO by the same # on Ebay for $22.

ZZPerformance has the 4 Bar Map on their site and says;
Tune tweaks:
Map sensor Linear reads 94.4 in the stock 2.2/2.4 ECU file and this needs to be changed to 424.99. The KPA offset is 10.3 stock and should be changed to -32.50.

I have also found on the HP Tuners forums the recommendation to copy the MAP data from the stock Buick Regal Turbo tune.

I actually have HP Tuners but haven't actually ever used it so I might need some help when I get to that point to get this tweaked. I likely need to reload and modify a stock tune since the tune I have know is likely a ZZPerformance tune and I don't know how well that will work without the ZZPerformance intake mods that were on the Donor.

2.0 Turbo

I’m not far enough along with my Build to offer help, unfortunately. However, I ended purchasing the same engine an looking forward to learning what’s needed. I had watched some videos on YouTube an if remembering correctly (don’t quote me on this) they changed out the Harmonic Balancer? In short, I’m not sure if they were upgrading for Performance and or possibly another reason? I was planning to research in more depth an reach out when closer to this phase. I’ll look tomorrow at my LNF vs LDK connectors.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I didn't change the main pulley, the diameter was the same on mine, but my donor did not have a stock block, so I really don't know what was stock in the donor car. The recommended belt length for not running the AC compressor (34.5" ?) did work so it had to be close in diameter to the original.

Some people change to a smaller main pulley diameter to turn accessories slower to free up a little HP.

Northshoresaint

Last edited:

2.0 Turbo

I didn't change the main pulley, the diameter was the same on mine, but my donor did not have a stock block, so I really don't know what was stock in the donor car. The recommended belt length for not running the AC compressor (34.5" ?) did work so it had to be close in diameter to the original.

Some people change to a smaller main pulley diameter to turn accessories slower to free up a little HP.

[/https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/lnf-vs-ldk-differences-

Above are two links of articles I was reading last night.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The map sensor on my donor (again not sure that it was stock, although I think I confirmed by part number when I first noticed the issue) is a different size (hole in intake was either bigger or smaller) and my donor map wouldn't fit. That would have led to a trying to find a map sensor that both fits the intake and uses the old plug, plus confirming the tune changes that might have to be made if any.

If your picture is from your donor, that part number is for a 3 bar map sensor and is a 1 bolt that is the GM stage 1 upgrade. LNF 3-Bar Map Sensor (Stage Kit Item) 55206797B | That GM Parts Guy

I think the stock Cobalt LNF map is a 2 bar, 2 bolt sensor.
LNF Stock Map Sensor (Intake Manifold) | That GM Parts Guy

If your donor sensor will work in your intake, I would use it sense your ECU should be tuned to work with.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Both the old map and new were 3 wire on mine. I think the distance from the center of the sensor to the bolt hole was also different because I remember considering drilling it out to the large size and I don't think it was that simple.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The male sensor portion is larger than the female hole in the intake that receives it.

I don't get to say that very often.

Northshoresaint

Both the old map and new were 3 wire on mine. I think the distance from the center of the sensor to the bolt hole was also different because I remember considering drilling it out to the large size and I don't think it was that simple.
I was looking at the wrong sensor. Both old and new are 3 wire. Edited to correct 3 wire.

Last edited: