DELETE - Auction tomorrow

Dale E

Follow up information -- Above linked running, driving, repossessed car sold today for 2105$. On December 8th another 2008 Cobalt 2 door LT 2.2 automatic will be auctioned -- it is an impound so probably will go for less than this one, since it has no keys and no title. It will have title paperwork.

Parson Green

Goblin builders are typically better off purchasing wrecked Cobalts. Supercharged and turbo Cobalts are much more desirable of course. Low mileage is pretty much a must (but not a guarantee).

This one looks a little toooo smashed up..

Dale E

Sorry Goblin guys. I didn't mean to start an auction war. I wanted to simply convey another opportunity to find cars, which maybe someone hadn't previously thought of/about. Quite a few of the towed lot impounds are wrecked. A few weeks ago the wrecked Cobalt sold for 350$.

If I were building a Goblin, I wouldn't be needing half the stuff on even a wrecked one. I would be using non-power brakes, old school gauges, the least amount of computer items possible. Probably my extra 3800 supercharged v6, which is stand alone running. Corvette seats or Ultrashield -- would love to use a pair of Lotus Europa seats. 15 inch wheels and other stuff from pick and pull - piece at a time. In fact I have everything in my storage to put a Goblin on the street -- but I'm not going there.

So, again, sorry to the best bunch of car folks I've become acquainted with and the opportunity I've had following Goblins around the twisty roads.
Fantastic factory build, design, support and most importantly staff!

Dale
Stalker V6 SC
Birkin S3
Lotus Europa S2

Parson Green

How about a 2009 LS manual with 126K on the clock, not wrecked, runs and drives, no corrosion AZ car - AND you could sneak in a holiday vacation since this one is located in Sedona AZ. :D. There are so many choices right now, with almost a dozen Cobalts on Craig's list in Phoenix and Tucson right now. One thing to keep in mind is SW cars have almost zero corrosion.
This one's in Altoona. Altoona in winter can't compare to Sedona in winter but the car would be my pick out of the present iaai crop.

Our donor had about 12K more miles on it and its LSJ motor, save for a bit of a cleanup, needed absolutely nothing. (Compression test was top notch.) There's no (economical) substitute for low miles, decent maintenance and a prior owner who didn't have a lead foot.

Oh, I forgot. We did put in fresh engine oil. Plus we drained the supercharger gearbox and put fresh oil in there. Ditto for the gear oil in the F35.

It's looking, though, like finding a good donor is getting to be a major challenge. Happy motoring (& good luck to all those who haven't already gotten hold of a donor).

Dale E

Todays impound auction I missed a 2 door Cobalt 2.2 automatic -- by logging into the site late. It sold for 230$