Autocross class?

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Not to confuse track frame with track only use. This only relates to autocross.

SCCA SOLO deals strictly with autocross events. This just puts the Goblin (all configurations unless otherwise stated) in the accepted kit car list for E-mod. This gives us an official place to run. Now we as builders have to meet all the E-Mod rules to be in compliance.

E-Mod is tough class this is the kind of competition the Goblin will face ....Jeff's 1958 Turbo Sprite
This is why I compete against my own time that 58 Turbo Sprite is stupid fast and insane driver.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. We are now EM or e mod. When we tech’d in last sunday, they informed us we would have to register as e mod next time. No biggie. It looks like as long as we run DOT tires, everything else is fine. If not.......well ..........I’ll move on.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
E-Mod is much, much better than A-Mod where it would have gone if not approved. IIRC you are not limited to DOT tires in mod classes. You can pretty much run whatever tire you would like.

PaulPerger

You can, but if you run non dot then there’s more rules. I’m not into rules, I'm into fun.
^^^ THIS ^^^

I have a Fiat 500 Abarth that I have extensively modified and I often run against cars that have easily 25-50% more power than I do. I may not leave with a trophy, but when I run lap times that are 90% of theirs, I'm happy. Very happy. Often they have easily more than twice as much as I do invested, and I have just as much fun. Or as my father pointed out, I actually have MORE fun. After all, I am on the track longer than they are!!

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I don't like Pax much myself, Nasa seems to have a better rule system thats point based but SCCA dominates autocross. I just do it for fun and enjoy making changes to documenting progress. You can run the Goblin in A-Mod if you truly don't care about rules and do anything you please.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
^^^ THIS ^^^

I have a Fiat 500 Abarth that I have extensively modified and I often run against cars that have easily 25-50% more power than I do. I may not leave with a trophy, but when I run lap times that are 90% of theirs, I'm happy. Very happy. Often they have easily more than twice as much as I do invested, and I have just as much fun. Or as my father pointed out, I actually have MORE fun. After all, I am on the track longer than they are!!
Yep. I race 300cc motorcycles. It’s cheap racing considering I can run a set of tires and chain for a complete season, compared to liter bikes that run through tires about every 50-100 miles (one day or less) and several chains and brakes throughout the season. I’m always with my type of bike on a race weekend, but on a regular track day, I can be with anything out there and non racers (weekend warriors). It’s the best part of my day, when I pass a liter bike in a turn on my 300. They blast past me on straights, but a pass in a turn on a bike with 1/3 the engine size and power, makes me feel all tingly in those weird places. :Do_O

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I've never had a problem with it. I think they also let miatas autocross without full cages.
Thanks, I was holding off signing up for fear of not being able to run. Kaleb and I are hoping to attend one in St. Louis April 11th.

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know if the city frame is allowed to run in the autocross?
It is SCCA-Solo legal at least you have proper roll protection, CSP miata's with giant Hoosier's run no rollbar at all most of them just don't want the added weight.

kalishek

Re: Turbo Sprite. Danzio is same tuner who did the 999 SuperSport Mk2 tune. Got 450hp out of crate motor EcoTec LNF 2.0 with bolt on mods. They are US distributor for Life Racing ECU. Pricey ECU, but it works really well.