Axle Nut Spinning with Axle and Cant Get Off

KingChuck24

Hi everyone,

Was working on the donor today and ran into the issue of the axle nut spinning with the axle. We tried holding the other axle nut with a wrench and spinning the nut with the tension from the other side. They started slipping and we realized that that was probably the front differential. We were wondering what others did to get this axle nut off as the video just has you unscrewing it normally.

Thanks!

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
bolt them back on, you can use a punch stuck in between the rotor cooling fins and wedged up against the caliper. Or just use an impact if you can get a hold of one.

I now see in your other post you already have the struts off also. Your best bet is an impact at this point, unless you feel like reassembling some stuff.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Long prybar through the lug nut studs and let the bar hit the ground, should stop all spinning. An impact works nicely too.
A8A9A8C2-FBA0-416D-A971-04D5249BC224.png

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
bolt them back on, you can use a punch stuck in between the rotor cooling fins and wedged up against the caliper. Or just use an impact if you can get a hold of one.

I now see in your other post you already have the struts off also. Your best bet is an impact at this point, unless you feel like reassembling some stuff.
No studs either. Never mind. Get an impact after it. It’ll take 5 seconds. Strap wrench to axle prybar to something to stop it.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Hercules Impact from HF if you don't already have an impact. You don't need air and it will come in handy for the rest of the tear-down. Best $90 I spent on my tear down since I didn't have air where I was working.