AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You can just change the alternator pulley to 6 rib, And put a 6 rib belt for no slippage when spooling turbo up. If you want belt size let me know and I will look up for you in morning. Pulley was only 13 dollars when I ordered 6 months ago
Not sure how this LSJ discussion ended up in Paul's build log for his LNF? :(

AZmoto

This guys did a great test of all of them and the RocketSocket came out on top. Interesting to watch.

That's the exact video that led me to purchase them. I also bought the ABN stud extractor set which has worked well.

I was removing the rusty caliper bolts on my donor with the impact wrench. The first three came out no problem so by the time I got to the last bolt I wasn't paying too much attention. I didn't realize that the socket was just spinning on the bolt head. It was almost completely rounded off. In years past that would have filled me with dread thinking about the task ahead. But this time I just grabbed a rocket socket and breaker bar and it came right off. I also had 10 locking lugs on this car with no key. The rocket socket made short work of them. So handy!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I noticed this too. Is it going to be a big deal if it is one rib short on the pulley?
I noticed this too. Is it going to be a big deal if it is one rib short on the pulley?
According to HP TUNERS you can use the six rib pulley with the 5 rib belt just leave the front hole empty, so put belt on up against timing cover. Then you want have to change the alternator pulley just leave it 5 rib. Hopefully I want get in trouble for posting this sense I have a LDK MOTOR !
AZmoto has a new LNF so I thought he would want to also no about the 6 rib crank pulley on his engine (PROBABLY HAS 6)

Last edited:

dastrups

According to HP TUNERS you can use the six rib pulley with the 5 rib belt just leave the front hole empty, so put belt on up against timing cover. Then you want have to change the alternator pulley just leave it 5 rib. Hopefully I want get in trouble for posting this sense I have a LDK MOTOR !
AZmoto has a new LNF so I thought he would want to also no about the 6 rib crank pulley on his engine (PROBABLY HAS 6)
Thank you for looking into that.

AZmoto

It downpoured for like 10 minutes in Phoenix today. Even had a bit of hail. Of course it was the 10 minutes that the Goblin was going from the truck to the garage. Five minutes after they left it was bright and sunny again lol.

Attachments

dastrups

It downpoured for like 10 minutes in Phoenix today. Even had a bit of hail. Of course it was the 10 minutes that the Goblin was going from the truck to the garage. Five minutes after they left it was bright and sunny again lol.
Woooo!! Stoked for you!! Good ol Arizona. Miss the dusty rain smell during the first rain of monsoon season. Hopefully things didn’t get too wet.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Fire up the air compressor and blow everything off as soon as possible, otherwise the welds will rust up overnight.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The "collapsible steering shaft" is often anything but that. The one in my LNF donor came apart, with only a little fuss, but the one from my LSJ donor took forever to separate.