AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

AZmoto

I made some good progress this week. I got most of the stuff I don't need off of the car and sold. Except for the doors which is a shame because they are in great shape.

Next I will start taking out the stuff I need since I have a little space again.

Northshoresaint

Well I bit the bullet and just ordered a new ATK longblock.

I figure a 67k mile longblock should be be able to recoup almost half of the cost. After seeing Desert Sasquatch's new ATK motor it's just too good of a deal to pass up.
I purchased same in November. Delivered in 3 days. Hope to have it installed in a few weeks.

dastrups

I made some good progress this week. I got most of the stuff I don't need off of the car and sold. Except for the doors which is a shame because they are in great shape.

Next I will start taking out the stuff I need since I have a little space again.

View attachment 20066View attachment 20067View attachment 20068View attachment 20069View attachment 20070
Looking good! Are you doing the emergency brake on yours? Don’t throw any of your ebrake parts out like me.

AZmoto

Do they work on button head cap screws?
I haven't tried it but if there's enough metal for it to grab onto then it probably would. You can pound them on with a hammer if it's perfectly round and it will cut grooves in the bolt to hold it. There are imported knock-offs available for less than half the price that also seem to work really well.

AZmoto

So good to get that call. Excited to see your progress. Are you powdercoating your frame?
I ordered a couple of cans of Steel-It to try out. I like the idea that you can weld through it and touch up the frame easily.