Back in Stock - Zero Mile Getrag F23 Transmissions Available - $500

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I am on my way to pick up my donor car right now. I definitely want one of those transmissions please send me your contact information

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if the PCM should be re-programmed to the new transmission or if it even matters. This is assuming changing transmission types.
I think his transmission is the f23. He is not supercharged or turbocharged. Before we sell him one we will have him snap some pics, we have both f35 and f23 transmissions.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I think his transmission is the f23. He is not supercharged or turbocharged. Before we sell him one we will have him snap some pics, we have both f35 and f23 transmissions.
RPO codes are: FE3 (sport suspension). FR6 (3.84 drive). M86 (5 Spd gertag, 5T45-E,M).

Ross

Goblin Guru
Made it home safely with my donor. 400 mile round trip to Tampa, Fl. Engine has some "junk yard" numbers on it. Wondering if the engine has been changed? Look in the rear view mirror .... some guy tailgated me for 200 miles.
I had a ghost driven blue cobalt do the same to me. Just not use to towing a car, lol. Scared me when I checked the rear view, but made my son laugh.

Wes

Hey, and it's got the red cap to the positive terminal. SCORE! Those things are like unicorns.
I lost my whole lid a few weeks back during some high speed "testing". It had the red cap... You can look for it on the side of 421 near Boone, NC. But the good news is I got a whole new fuse box on ebay for 40 bucks with lid and red cap! Reason it came off was the fuse box was damaged on the donor when it wrecked, was only a matter of time but it lasted 2 years only clipped on one side.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I lost my whole lid a few weeks back during some high speed "testing". It had the red cap... You can look for it on the side of 421 near Boone, NC. But the good news is I got a whole new fuse box on ebay for 40 bucks with lid and red cap! Reason it came off was the fuse box was damaged on the donor when it wrecked, was only a matter of time but it lasted 2 years only clipped on one side.
Lived in a Log Cabin that I built from scratch (2011-2018) south of Boone in Rutherfordton. Made a few Harley trips to Linville Falls and little Switzerland not far from you.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Pioneer sound system, good resale item to help recoup costs. The battery is located in the trunk on a Cobalt, no room up front. The clean engine is either a sign of the previous owner being very meticulous or that you have a replacement engine. The VIN number is on the engine somewhere on the head by the intake manifold. You can see if it is the same as the car.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Pioneer sound system, good resale item to help recoup costs. The battery is located in the trunk on a Cobalt, no room up front. The clean engine is either a sign of the previous owner being very meticulous or that you have a replacement engine. The VIN number is on the engine somewhere on the head by the intake manifold. You can see if it is the same as the car.
That might be something to watch out for a be prepared. In Missouri they look for the VIN on the block and it may not match that of the donor. Could be a tripping point. Might want to get if verified ahead of time. In MO, they can do an ID/OD where an inspection station will verify the VIN and the odometer and put on paper.