Background Project - VeeDub ReDub Platform

Whidbey Goblin

I know it hasn't been the best kept secret but we've been tinkering with the idea of using a Mk7 VW GTI for future Goblins. This newer Goblin is still a year out at least but we've been working on an intermediate project that will help form the basis of the future Goblin.

The project is called the VeeDub ReDub platform. Basically it's recreating the old VW Beetle pan and chassis with modern suspension, disc brakes and mounts designed to fit a mid-mounted turbocharged Mk7 GTI powertrain with the dual clutch DSG transmission. The idea with this platform is that a person could combine it with a GTI donor and a classic Beetle body to make a sporty, reliable sleeper Beetle.

The chassis and welded components will be manufactured by DF Kit Car and the platform will be sold as an assembled roller minus powertrain from the newly established Doyle Motor Works. You can see a little more info about the project and our progress at the website: DoyleMW.com

There are a lot of details to cover but for now I'll just leave the renderings below so you guys can see what it'll look like.

Also, just to give you a little more info about the direction for the Goblin:
  • The Cobalt powered version isn't going anywhere anytime soon and will likely continue to be sold alongside the VW version when it comes out in the future.
  • The future Goblin will have some similarities to the VeeDub ReDub platform but it won't have VW pans or body and will instead be like the current Goblin with custom pans, a full tube chassis, fiberglass body work and the open wheel design.
View attachment 37252

View attachment 37253

View attachment 37254

Whidbey Goblin

I know it hasn't been the best kept secret but we've been tinkering with the idea of using a Mk7 VW GTI for future Goblins. This newer Goblin is still a year out at least but we've been working on an intermediate project that will help form the basis of the future Goblin.

The project is called the VeeDub ReDub platform. Basically it's recreating the old VW Beetle pan and chassis with modern suspension, disc brakes and mounts designed to fit a mid-mounted turbocharged Mk7 GTI powertrain with the dual clutch DSG transmission. The idea with this platform is that a person could combine it with a GTI donor and a classic Beetle body to make a sporty, reliable sleeper Beetle.

The chassis and welded components will be manufactured by DF Kit Car and the platform will be sold as an assembled roller minus powertrain from the newly established Doyle Motor Works. You can see a little more info about the project and our progress at the website: DoyleMW.com

There are a lot of details to cover but for now I'll just leave the renderings below so you guys can see what it'll look like.

Also, just to give you a little more info about the direction for the Goblin:
  • The Cobalt powered version isn't going anywhere anytime soon and will likely continue to be sold alongside the VW version when it comes out in the future.
  • The future Goblin will have some similarities to the VeeDub ReDub platform but it won't have VW pans or body and will instead be like the current Goblin with custom pans, a full tube chassis, fiberglass body work and the open wheel design.
View attachment 37252

View attachment 37253

View attachment 37254
Im interested in one of these when they are available. I could make a 356 widebody work one way or another.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I’ve seen some good looking Type 3s and if this chassis would work with those…I could see me with a square back or fast back.