Background Project - VeeDub ReDub Platform

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I didn't even think of the VW based kit car market. If only there was something like this in the 80s when there were tons of VW based kits on the market.

Brett

@95Blitz was inquiring about Goblin 2.0, not the VeeDub Redub platform. At least, that's my understanding of his post. Not much info out there about Goblin 2.0 except I think it's based on the same donor as this Veedub Redub is.
You nailed it. The two subjects are intertwined.

95Blitz

It's funny, in the last few days a bunch of old beetles have popped on for sale around me. Even a 71 VW Karmann Ghia Wagon.

Dale E

Yes - VW squareback and a VW 411 fastback and squareback. Two different body styles on the Karman Ghia.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Karmann might have done some of the design work, but these are never regarded as Karmann Ghias, just VW Squarebacks or Fastbacks, or correctly as Type 3's. I was into the VW scene from the late 60's to the 70's, and know all this as fact

jaredthenav

Adam, no new blog posts since mid January! You got us all excited with weekly posts and now it's been a month. And you've got me looking for beetle and gti donors while trying to convince my wife that this will not turn my backyard into a junk yard while awaiting the release of the next product! What's the latest from mountain view?

Last edited:

Brett

They have also been posting on the grassroots Motorsports form. Search for Veedub and you should find Adam's post. I just checked it and no new updates since the end of January. But there is other information there.

DedBull

I've been a long time lurker here, as the Goblin had interested me, but it seemed like a real stretch to make legal here in Pennsylvania. As a VW nut, this project really gets me excited. We have a full length chassis fiberglass buggy that this would be ideal for. I think a side-pod radiator setup would pair well with a fiberglass body. It's too bad you can't retain enough of the torsion box to retain the chassis number, then titling it becomes a moot point.
I eagerly look forward to updates, and will have to seriously start saving my pennies to be on the wait list early.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I've been a long time lurker here, as the Goblin had interested me, but it seemed like a real stretch to make legal here in Pennsylvania. As a VW nut, this project really gets me excited. We have a full length chassis fiberglass buggy that this would be ideal for. I think a side-pod radiator setup would pair well with a fiberglass body. It's too bad you can't retain enough of the torsion box to retain the chassis number, then titling it becomes a moot point.
I eagerly look forward to updates, and will have to seriously start saving my pennies to be on the wait list early.
There's several here in PA. If that's what stopping you, don't let it; just register it in Montana. Easy as pie.

Actually registering it in PA isn't terrible, just requires more investment of time and money into following the rules.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
This new platform that Doyle Fab is working on would be the perfect match for your dunebuggy project. Here is the website. I would recommend contacting DF directly for additional information.

HOME | Doyle Motor Works (doylemw.com)