bad hunting when coming out of power

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have not tried going out to 1/4. I may try that as well. My new parts came in so lots of things to try!
Sorry I didn’t specify in my earlier post, it would be toe in on the rear. The tie rods are on the back side of the knuckle, so as the suspension cycles up and down, it moves toe out.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Are the wide tire widths something you have been running all along? You may need to decrease camber to a minimal amount so more of the tire is in contact with the surface. And high pressures would likely make the problem worse.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Any chance you got something loose, like maybe the pinch bolts at lower ball joints on the rear knuckles? Try lifting the car up in the air and wiggling the wheel top and bottom and side to side.

Chubbs

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but re-check torque on the rear toe link bracket. I know you torqued it...just check it again. I had that problem once.

I also had an issue with the ball joints wearing out on the rear. They were brand new, from china, and were shot in about 2 hours of driving. Jack up the rear, yank on those rear tires, and make sure they don't wiggle.

Finally, what does your ride height look like front vs rear? mine is a bit high in the rear, and it can feel unstable during heavy braking. I think the weight transfer to the front, combined with the already high rear stance, can make the car feel darty. I was going to lower mine in the rear just a bit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

redline

Are the wide tire widths something you have been running all along? You may need to decrease camber to a minimal amount so more of the tire is in contact with the surface. And high pressures would likely make the problem worse.
Not this wide. I always ran my hoosiers for autocross and they are 275 all the way around.

redline

Any chance you got something loose, like maybe the pinch bolts at lower ball joints on the rear knuckles? Try lifting the car up in the air and wiggling the wheel top and bottom and side to side.
the wheel bearings seem to be good and tight, no play. I have also confirmed all the other stuff was locked down tight.

Stretch2126

I think the suspension unloading mixed with the short wheelbase is the factor. I tightened up the front suspension and noticed it was a little better coming off of 120. I also just got a wing for the back to help with the unloading. Mine doesn’t walk a whole lane though it might just be a couple feet.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I know this is reviving an older thread, but the symptoms match the problem I’ve been having. I finally found at least one issue - the right rear lower control arm ball joint has some play in it. The joint itself is fine but it appears the knuckle is worn at the joint pinch mount. My original knuckle was cracked and I could only find a used one at the time. Apparently it had issues that I missed.