Bajakid1450’s ss 2.4 turbo track goblin build

Bajakid1450

Still waiting on stuff like seats, tires, brake pads, led head lights, wiring harness, and other things but ended up getting covid on Friday so I’ve been sick for the past few days:( does anyone know how the shifter cable bracket mounts on the transmission? It’s a f23

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Still waiting on stuff like seats, tires, brake pads, led head lights, wiring harness, and other things but ended up getting covid on Friday so I’ve been sick for the past few days:( does anyone know how the shifter cable bracket mounts on the transmission? It’s a f23
Sorry to hear you got COVID, take it easy and get well quickly.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I had used the Speedway Budget seats, made by Kirkey, 17.5 wide seat.
I thought I had posted about installing them but i found that i hadn't.
Mounted using the DF seat mounts. Side mounted.
To get the drivers seat centered to the steering wheel, I used both of the left mounting tabbed brackets.
16195827532878218708668909262334.jpg

In the right side slots.
16195828438953039201864690166579.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Who has kirkey aluminum seats installed? And how did you mount them ?
I have Kirkey 47 Series seats in mine. The driver's is mounted on the donor's sliders using an aluminum plate. The passenger seat is wider and couldn't be installed the same way, so it uses the Kirkey side mount brackets and some L-track.

Bajakid1450

To get the drivers seat centered to the steering wheel, I used both of the left mounting tabbed brackets.
View attachment 23223

In the right side slots.
View attachment 23224
With the padding is it comfortable? I’ve used these before without padding only for short periods of time like to race 1/8 mile but to use for extended periods of time like a hour or two of driving?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
View attachment 23223

In the right side slots.
View attachment 23224
You may want to reverse the bold on the lap belt on the putter mounting point if you plan on putting side on. Once the sides are on there’s no room to get the bolt out.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
You may want to reverse the bold on the lap belt on the putter mounting point if you plan on putting side on. Once the sides are on there’s no room to get the bolt out.
That is absolutely correct for anyone using the DF side panels.
I'm going a different route for side panels so it won't be an issue.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
With the padding is it comfortable? I’ve used these before without padding only for short periods of time like to race 1/8 mile but to use for extended periods of time like a hour or two of driving?
The foam padding in my seat covers butt area is minimal at best. You'll want to add some dense foam padding between the seat and the seat cover.
Online aircraft supply stores seem to have selections o different density and thicknesses of foam that's fire retardant.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
The padding in the Kirkey road race seats (47 and 65 series) is comfortable for a few hours to me. I can't speak to the comfort of the drag seats though.

Lokian

Dunno if you received a response. This is how i mounted my bracket. Not sure if it is correct as no one was able to verify mine.

Bajakid1450

That’s how I did mine but it didn’t seem right so I wanted to verify if anyone else had did it that way, thanks for the response

Bajakid1450

Sorry for not updating in a while, at a standstill till I get my harness back from dfkitcar. Waiting on solid trans mounts, missing the 3 bolt steering column mount, button panel, and missing the spacers for the instrument cluster. But while I am waiting on those parts I got my wheels and tires and seats
9B10D44A-889E-43DF-8A1C-DFD366E1E82D.jpeg
5E797C03-BF2F-4D17-9486-256F50940444.jpeg
AB8A77AF-C9F1-4F64-A49E-6688BEC6FAD9.jpeg