Bajakid1450’s ss 2.4 turbo track goblin build

Bajakid1450

Lol I wish it was for that, but yes I will install a roof rack and have a small tool bag and a water proof bag for clothes for when we go on a trip

Bajakid1450

Ok got the harness in and everything hooked up but no crank and no fuel pump priming :( all lights and horn and switches work, I can hear the relays click when I turn the key but no life from the fuel pump or engine.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Have you connected an OBDII reader, and checked what codes it is throwing?

Maybe some of these threads will give you ideas:
What To Do If The Engine Won't Start The First Time thread.
No crank or fuel pump thread.
Fuel Pump Not Priming thread.
Did you run a wire running from the starter to the fuse box positive post?
Ready to start, but. . . thread.
First Start, no love. thread.
Have no crank, no dash warning lights. Where do i start? thread.
First start no crank help thead.

Bajakid1450

Lol I pushed the clutch and the brake and I can hear the relays and cluster turns on but absolutely no life from the pump or starter

Bajakid1450

What are some people talking about a purple wire?
there is a pink wire bundle right by the rear brake line T. And a purple accessory wire by the fuse box by the engine, but other than that I have no idea

Bajakid1450

Ok I also have a “power steering “ message on the cluster , but there is 3 8 pin connectors that look exactly the same.... does anyone know what goes to what?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Ok I also have a “power steering “ message on the cluster , but there is 3 8 pin connectors that look exactly the same.... does anyone know what goes to what?
There are 2 plugs on the power steering. I forgot to plug one in on my first start. Got nothin. Plugged it in and it fired right up

Ross

Goblin Guru
Those 3 connectors are easily mixed up. The "power steering" message is telling you that you are having communication issues on the GM high speed LAN. I have had these issues. If you turn the key on, and jump the starter motor (Purple wire, below), will your car start? Mine does when the LAN is not working.

What are some people talking about a purple wire?
there is a pink wire bundle right by the rear brake line T. And a purple accessory wire by the fuse box by the engine, but other than that I have no idea
The starter motor uses a purple wire on the solenoid... that can be hot-wired to crank the starter motor.

Bajakid1450

Ok I got it to crank and the low fuel and power steering message is gone but now can’t get the fuel pump to prime. Swapped relays and checked fuses still nothing

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ok this was random AF if I hold the brake and the clutch it won’t start lol but just clutch and it starts and runs... ignore the mess of wires still have to tidy up the wiring once everything is good.
http://instagr.am/p/CPg9kfJHRLz/
What donor? If it’s an SC, make sure you have the brake and the clutch switch connectors not swapped around. We did that and the car would only start without the brake.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ok I got it to crank and the low fuel and power steering message is gone but now can’t get the fuel pump to prime. Swapped relays and checked fuses still nothing
By chance, did you jumper the fuel pump relay to empty the gas from the donor when you disassembled it?

Bajakid1450

By chance, did you jumper the fuel pump relay to empty the gas from the donor when you disassembled it?
Nope i bought it and got a 1/8 of a tank of gas then I drove the donor home pulled in the driveway with the gas light on lol, living on the edge

Bajakid1450

Does anyone know how to do a throttle relearn? I tried one where you turn the key to on for 5 minutes and off for 30 seconds do this 3x but did not work. It is idling at 2500-3000 rpm and dips down to 1500.
Also shifter rods adjustment, I can get it to shift In to all the forward gears but grinds reverse and won’t engage