Bar to stiffen up the wing?

Peregrinus

What did everyone do to accomplish this? Just flatten the end of some round stock? Or is there hardware u can buy to make it easy?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Are you trying to stiffen the wing mount or the wing itself?
The wing mount is 2 vertical flat metal pieces with a diagonal wire to stiffen it.
The wing is usually manufactured without a feature for further stiffening.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
DF supplied cross braces are round stock with flat stock welded to the ends. One is enough. Ours is super solid.

Peregrinus

DF supplied cross braces are round stock with flat stock welded to the ends. One is enough. Ours is super solid.
Man, I'm missing so much stuff from df, I'll have to email df, I was going to just heat up and hammer my own flats into the end of some round stock worst case lol

Peregrinus

Are you trying to stiffen the wing mount or the wing itself?
The wing mount is 2 vertical flat metal pieces with a diagonal wire to stiffen it.
The wing is usually manufactured without a feature for further stiffening.
Yeah I have the flat mounts but not the cross bar, they must have added that later on my frame/kit is #17 so I never got some of the added and newer stuff alot of the newer kits come with now.

Peregrinus

Ill shoot them an email on it, but I already bought some 3/16 round stock, I'll just hammer forge some flats ends on it and make my own to save some time I think. I already have had to bug adam about so much stuff that was missing because I had an earlier kit, I feel kinda bad.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ill shoot them an email on it, but I already bought some 3/16 round stock, I'll just hammer forge some flats ends on it and make my own to save some time I think. I already have had to bug adam about so much stuff that was missing because I had an earlier kit, I feel kinda bad.
The wing mounts are an option. Are you saying you are missing the cross bracing after purchasing the wing mounts?

Peregrinus

The wing mounts are an option. Are you saying you are missing the cross bracing after purchasing the wing mounts?
Correct, no cross brace, kit had the mounts. The mounts were powdercoated coated black already.

I was missing a bunch of other little things that they didn't have around yet when this kit was originally shipped out aswell, not a huge deal. Good to know they have one though.