Battery Current Sensor

Northshoresaint

I thought that the ‘09 SS/TC did not have the battery current sensor. But when I went to install the negative battery cable, there was a ground sensor installed on it. When I thinned the harness, I don’t recall having a connector for it. Can I remove it from the negative cable?
8508C37C-E9F5-43F2-8F36-2D59E49089A4.jpeg

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I have the sensor and from what I heard, is that you do need the sensor. I will have to check but it is connected to the BCM. Give me a moment and I will send pictures and the pin outs if you have to re-insert.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I have the sensor and from what I heard, is that you do need the sensor. I will have to check but it is connected to the BCM. Give me a moment and I will send pictures and the pin outs if you have to re-insert.
I'm pretty sure it's not required for the TC model. Mine didn't have it.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Below is the picture of the sensor plug.
IMG-0172.JPGIMG-0173.JPG

The white and grey connect to the Blue chassis BCM plug at D9 and D14 and the black ground to a grounding lug.
IMG-0174.JPG
I hope that helps.

Joe

Northshoresaint

Below is the picture of the sensor plug.
View attachment 20580View attachment 20581

The white and grey connect to the Blue chassis BCM plug at D9 and D14 and the black ground to a grounding lug.
View attachment 20582
I hope that helps.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I’m sure that I didn’t remove the connector. I’m thinking that when my ‘09 TC was built they just used a battery ground cable with the sensor already installed. However if I run into issues, I’ll use your document to connect it.