BCM Power Connector

KingChuck24

I was pushing around the bcm connector up front when it hit the brake line. Some of the wire was exposed and it sparked and a little fire caught before I pulled the connector off and disconnected the battery. There was no damage besides the wire being ripped out of the connector and the bcm power connector being fused together.

I couldn't find any connector online for sale, only thing I found was the whole positive cable but that is 70 dollars and only comes with the male end of the connector. Could I just solder any connector onto there and be good or does it have to be the BCM one specifically?

Ross

Goblin Guru
A picture of the damage would help.
Do you need the plastic BCM connector? Those are available from electrical supply stores like Mouser.
Do you need the wire terminal? Mouser has those too, but you probably can move one of the unused wires on the BCM, using a removal tool.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Check the brake line for loss of metal on the tube. If it's burned and looks 'notched' it might not be leaking under static conditions, but could start leaking when brake line pressure is applied.