Ben Peter's Track frame 07 SS sc Goblin (NH)

My name is Ben, i started this project because I wanted something fun to drive in the nice weather. Im 22 and pretty good with mechanical systems, although i have not worked on vehicles very much. This should be a fun project.

20180226_071920 (1).jpg 20180301_233633.jpg 20180228_210901.jpg 20180302_154650.jpg
I stripped my donor in a couple days. I have since scrapped the remaining chassis, and put up the parts Im not using for sale. I paid $900 for the car and drove it home. 100k miles on the drive train and 160k on everything else.

At 10 minutes and 12 seconds on video 14 it shows connectors being taped to the dash harness.I am struggling to find the small square purple connector shown in the video. does anyone know if it could be different in an 07 SS? currently searching chilton.

dperkins

In my experience with lightweight flywheels, they can either be awesome or a pain to drive with. I would go with it for the hell of it, since I doubt DF Goblin and comfort go hand in hand.

KJP

Does anyone have feedback on the aluminum flywheel? does it make the jerky take offs worse?
I am not a fan. The car likes the rpms better with one but as mentioned above I have always had a worse overall driving experience with them. That was also with super heavy clutches so with a stock or close to stock clutch it may not be as bad.

This is not goblin specific so that may be different than my general experience with them because I have never had a car this light.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I have about 6-7k miles on my flydenza Al flywheel now, I don't think you will find it any more jerky than the stock one. The goblin is jerky as it is. And you mise well loose 12 lb of rotating mass.

Nuker-

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
The cleaning was one of the things I semi rushed and was not really looking forward to. Take your time. A lot of people have used soda blasting and had good success. I just didn't want to buy another tool to use once.

They nearly ruined the header adapting it too the custom exhaust they had my fathers going to cut the 3 bolt end plate off and re-weld the stainless correctly.They attempted to weld the inside and outside with the wrong welding setup. its pretty terrible.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
That looks good. I'm going to paint mine but not sure what color. I think I'm going to get it running then decide over the winter if I want to get them powder coated to match frame. Also when I plan on getting a stage 2-3