Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

Corgithulhu

With the help of @Ross by way of his detailed posts, I was able to track down the issue with my OBD II reader not working. On the LSJ, the data link connector (OBD II) pin 2 needs to connect to connector 1 pin 16 on the ECM. For some reason, I connected it to the low speed data bus which I validated by confirming OBD pin 1 and pin 2 had continuity. After I fixed that, it worked like a champ.
Searching my issue has brought me to your build log, and I think you had the same issue as I do right now. I also have an '07 SS/SC. It will start and run just fine, but my OBD is not reading. I do have correct DC voltage. I have continuity to pin 1 and 2, as well as continuity from those pins back to pin 16 on the blue plug (#1) on the ECM. What did you do to fix yours? Does pin 1, low speed data, not need to go to the ECM at all?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Searching my issue has brought me to your build log, and I think you had the same issue as I do right now. I also have an '07 SS/SC. It will start and run just fine, but my OBD is not reading. I do have correct DC voltage. I have continuity to pin 1 and 2, as well as continuity from those pins back to pin 16 on the blue plug (#1) on the ECM. What did you do to fix yours? Does pin 1, low speed data, not need to go to the ECM at all?
I traced the GM low speed LAN wires a while back, and it does go to the ECM/PCM.

ToxicBill

This was a while ago and I also have my arm in a sling so my ability to double check things is a bit limited. From what I recall, pin 1 and pin 2 on the OBD connector should not have continuity. OBD pin 2 should connect to the blue connector on pin 16 and nothing else.

Corgithulhu

That makes sense. Like those two pins are a dedicated data line, separate from the low speed GMLAN. I'll do some more digging before I commit to opening the wiring to run that wire. Thank you for your help, and take it easy on your arm!

ToxicBill

OK . . . it's been a hot minute since I've posted so here's an update.

I FINALLY MADE IT TO AUTOCROSS!!

First of all . . . . many many thanks to @JBINTX for loading up my Goblin in his trailer for the trip to the track. I wouldn't have been able to make it without that assist.

I did track duty during the first run as we were to run in the second run. It was a whole lot of fun watching the cars fly by. Once that was over, it was my turn. As a novice, they made me take an instructor with me for the first run so I took it "slow" (~16s slower than @Rttoys and @JBINTX ). My goal was to get faster as the day went on. What happened next? I spun it. o_O;):p. After that, I improved every run up to a 76.9s on the 8th run and the last two were 78s (run 9 was a 78 with a "controlled" slide at the end). I know there was more to get and I'll get that once I have more track time.

If you guys aren't taking these to the track, you are definitely missing out.

I'll be back.

YouTube link of all 10 runs (yes, I know . . . its a long video.) Run 2 and Run 9 are the spins.

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
OK . . . it's been a hot minute since I've posted so here's an update.

I FINALLY MADE IT TO AUTOCROSS!!

First of all . . . . many many thanks to @JBINTX for loading up my Goblin in his trailer for the trip to the track. I wouldn't have been able to make it without that assist.

I did track duty during the first run as we were to run in the second run. It was a whole lot of fun watching the cars fly by. Once that was over, it was my turn. As a novice, they made me take an instructor with me for the first run so I took it "slow" (~16s slower than @Rttoys and @JBINTX ). My goal was to get faster as the day went on. What happened next? I spun it. o_O;):p. After that, I improved every run up to a 76.9s on the 8th run and the last two were 78s (run 9 was a 78 with a "controlled" slide at the end). I know there was more to get and I'll get that once I have more track time.

If you guys aren't taking these to the track, you are definitely missing out.

I'll be back.

YouTube link of all 10 runs (yes, I know . . . its a long video.) Run 2 and Run 9 are the spins.

View attachment 29236View attachment 29238View attachment 29237
These things produce so much addictive fun, they may be illegal in some states……