Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

ToxicBill

Alright ladies and gentlemen! The day has finally arrived. Chassis 204 finally arrived at its new home on Saturday. I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with her so far, but I'm hoping to rip into it this weekend.

I know others have said it but Lonny and Adam a re so super cool to talk to. Got a tour around the shop and chatted at the wiring table for a while. Great stuff!!

On with the build!!

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Just like Christmas, only better! Love the see-it-from-space yellow, it will lend itself to a great color to compliment your body color - what did you choose? Let the build begin. :D

ToxicBill

Alright, finally got all the pieces and started work this past weekend. Not too bad for two days off work so far - with plenty of breaks did this awesome Texas heat.

Attachments

SACTX

I ended up using a different hose and put an extra joint in it to make sure that didn’t happen. I will go buy another hose to make sure it worked how I wanted it. I’m not sure if it is correct to the plans but it worked for the way that I was able to do it.

Attachments

ToxicBill

Ok, I got the engine mounted. I have some questions about alignment and clearance. I've attached pictures, can someone tell me if things look right? I'm particularly interested in the water pump bolt being so close to the frame.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Dr is correct, pass is not. Here’s my dr and pass side, plus DF’s pass side, which is the same setup. And yes the water pump bolt is that close. Hell, most of us scratch the frame with it. :eek:

oh and get the hard mounts. Everything else is hard mounted, might as well complete the set.

and your frame is a horrible color. :p

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ok, I can see that but then I'm pretty sure my engine will be touching the frame at that point.
It will be very very close. We have the same engine and frame

Attachments