Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Mine was hitting on the trans mount and putting it in a bind, that created a failed to the seal. I ground down the mount to make the connection relaxed. Hard to tell from your pics, but is it hitting there?

SACTX

It looks similar to mine but I don't have fluid in it to test the seal. Mine is going into the fitting all little more from the ECM side. I had to bend my line a little to clear the transmission and give me room to install it. It felt solid when it went in.

ToxicBill

Well . . . its been a while since I've posted. Time to give an update.

Alignment has been completed. (https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/diy-front-end-alignment.751/ and https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/diy-rear-end-alignment.750/). It drives so much better when all the wheels are pointed in the same direction.

Passenger seat is in.

Headlights and brake lights wired up.

Got myself an NRG steering wheel quick release. If you haven't done this, do it. Just do it.
Quick Release - Amazon.com: NRG Innovations SRK-200BK Quick Release (Black Body/Black Ring), gen 2.0: Automotive
3 bolt to 6 bolt adapter - Amazon.com: Ruien 0.5" Steering Wheel Hub Adapter Conversion Spacer 6 Hole to 3 Hole Steering Wheel Adapter Grant Adapter Boss Kit Black: Automotive
Steering Wheel - Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel - 06 (Deep Dish) - 350mm (13.78 inches) - Black Leather with Black Spokes/Yellow Stripe - Part # ST-006BK-Y: Automotive

I've got the windscreen attached to the hood which is attached to the car. I still need to get the fiberglass pieces painted but I'll likely do that in the spring. NACA ducts also installed.

I still need to work on a VERY small brake fluid leak on the driver front caliper bleed value. More info here - (1) Bleeder valve leaking | DF Kit Car Forum

Next steps:
- Paint fiberglass and side pieces
- Paint muffler
- ECU Tuning
- Buy and mount a wang
- Registration and insurance
- New headlights
- ??? (are we every really truly done)

Had some family over for Thanksgiving and gave them all a ride in The Goblin. It was great fun.

This thing RIPS. I love being able to spin the wheels going from 1st to 2nd. All I can do is drive around the neighborhood since I'm not registered, but its still a good time.

Attachments

Goblin Graber

I love the way you cut the front of your ducts! That looks really good.

I’ve got an NRG QR and one of their flat wheels and it seems super close to me. I really like the setup, but doesn’t a deep dished wheel with the adapter and QR put the wheel super far back?

ToxicBill

I love the way you cut the front of your ducts! That looks really good.

I’ve got an NRG QR and one of their flat wheels and it seems super close to me. I really like the setup, but doesn’t a deep dished wheel with the adapter and QR put the wheel super far back?
I mean, it works well for me. The steering wheel sits a little higher since the QR extends the steering shaft a bit but i've grown to like the positioning.

ToxicBill

Yeah @Ark :D , it has been a while since an update. Where to begin . . . shortly after my last update I had some personal stuff come up that I had to deal with so the focus when off the Goblin and on to that. After getting that under control, I went and had carpal and cubital tunnel surgery which I'm mostly recovered from (still need to do the other arm in June/July. But now, I'm back baby and time to get back on it.

As its been mentioned, I met up with @Rttoys , @JBINTX , @SACTX , @CodyP for some Houston SCCA autocross which gave me all the motivation I need (plus so much more) to get back to work. Yeehaw!

I was so motivated after the autocross that I went home and painted my exhaust muffler! :p

Things to do to be "finished"

- Paint hood, body panels, and fenders
- Get road legal

Things to do because you are never really finished

- Tune
- Wing (probably)
- Find new headlight solution
- Get a aftermarket/better shifter (I hate I missed Scott's group buy)
- Fashion some sort of cover for the halo (I hate I missed Jason's effort on this)
- New pulley on SC and retune
- Anything else I can find.
- More autocross
- I'm also open to ideas. ;)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Yeah @Ark :D , it has been a while since an update. Where to begin . . . shortly after my last update I had some personal stuff come up that I had to deal with so the focus when off the Goblin and on to that. After getting that under control, I went and had carpal and cubital tunnel surgery which I'm mostly recovered from (still need to do the other arm in June/July. But now, I'm back baby and time to get back on it.

As its been mentioned, I met up with @Rttoys , @JBINTX , @SACTX , @CodyP for some Houston SCCA autocross which gave me all the motivation I need (plus so much more) to get back to work. Yeehaw!

I was so motivated after the autocross that I went home and painted my exhaust muffler! :p

View attachment 22765

Things to do to be "finished"

- Paint hood, body panels, and fenders
- Get road legal

Things to do because you are never really finished

- Tune
- Wing (probably)
- Find new headlight solution
- Get a aftermarket/better shifter (I hate I missed Scott's group buy)
- Fashion some sort of cover for the halo (I hate I missed Jason's effort on this)
- New pulley on SC and retune
- Anything else I can find.
- More autocross
- I'm also open to ideas. ;)

roof info. It was easy.

CodyP

I was under the impression that Scott was doing more shifters. Did you look at the official group buy thread?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Bill, as we talked, when I switch my charger, injectors and tune, you can have all the gm stage 2 stuff I got from Scott. Kind of a community upgrade. This should boost you something like 30hp or so, which is where I’m at right now.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I bought a roof cover but I'll probably never use it. I'll sell it to you if you're interested.

ToxicBill

Bill, as we talked, when I switch my charger, injectors and tune, you can have all the gm stage 2 stuff I got from Scott. Kind of a community upgrade. This should boost you something like 30hp or so, which is where I’m at right now.
Thanks man!! I'm all about 15% horsepower. :)