Blue plug to ECM pin out sheet?

wallace58

The blue plug from the main body harness that attaches to the engine computer. Is there a source for seeing a pin out diagram for the fuel level sender wire locations? My harness has a tan and purple wires from level sender with fuel pump. Any help would be great. Thanks.
2007 Cobalt SS - 2.0 L SC

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You really need to put your donor in you signature. The ECM's and wiring are different for each.
Ross has posted a link to his ALLDATA account for the 2006 SC SS.
I have the service manual for the 2010 that covers the 2008-2010 manuals and likely have posted pictures of the pinout somewhere already.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Wallace58, you mentioned your donor car in your post, but it isn't part of your signature yet.
If you can see my signature below, you will find links to help you set up your signature, and links to my build index... which has ALLDATAdiy info about 15 lines down from the first post.

wallace58

Just to own up to my mistake. I was following the wiring harness videos. When I took out the wiring from the main harness to the fuel pump connector inside the car I cut the wires at the body pass thru. I did not mark them as I should have. When I got to the video of thinning the harness I accidentally cut the wires to the fuel level sensor out at ECM plug C1 (Blue). I went and got out the plug that passes thru the body out of the donor and was able to match wire colors and using the factory wire diagrams I found the pinout as 12 and 29 on the C1 plug of the ECM. I left enough wire to solder back what I cut out. Whew! God took pity on me and saved my butt! LOL. :oops:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Wiring mistakes always happen, no matter how good one is at sparky knowledge. Just that some are honest enough to owe up to the mistakes. :cool:

wallace58

I have a quick question about the video Part 4 Organizing the Main Harness, 1. Does the tape identification strips come with the kit? Thanks.

RCK605

If you buy the wiring kit from the DF store they will include the labels. The description of that video on YouTube has links to pdf files to print your own as well.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I made my little labels with a sharpie and painters tape. That's what we had laying around and easily available.