Blue Ridge Parkway In May

MR.812

We are thinking about taking a road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway in May and was wondering if there is anyone in the surrounding area that would want to meet up with us and take the ride with us in your Goblin ? The Blue Ridge Parkway stretches 469 miles from Virginia to NC . We are located in Indiana and plan on driving the entire parkway . We are looking for someone to join us for all or part of the trip . We have been looking at pictures and reading up on the parkway itself . It is tourist friendly and has breath taking views along the entire route that would be amazing in a Goblin . Anyone who has traveled the parkway we would appreciate any advice on attractions and things to see along the route . Thanks in advance .

1639789431453.png

Dale E

To finish in the North Carolina area, and after going that far already, this might be of interest. Those from the local area should know more about this museum and advise more on it.

Dale

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
If mine is done and legal in time, I'm tagging along with my kids to the Tail of the Dragon in May. I'll be watching this thread and see if I can participate.

WYGoblin

You guys have so much cool stuff back east. Here in SW Wyoming we have wind...yup just wind. Wish I could see some of the sites there. Maybe someday when things settle down here.

RITDR

Depending on when this happens, I may make a trip down from OH to meet up. We were wanting to make a weekend trip down there this summer anyway.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You guys have so much cool stuff back east. Here in SW Wyoming we have wind...yup just wind. Wish I could see some of the sites there. Maybe someday when things settle down here.
The best we have here is “the twisted sisters“. 250 mile round trip in the hill country of Texas. It’s a very fun run. I have done it several times on the motorcycle. Even did a “day trip” once. 250 there from Houston, 250 on the sisters and 250 home. :eek: That was a long day.

Wes

We live just off the parkway at 421 near Wilkesboro NC. The viaduct and and julian price park are pretty close so I like to go up there and "cruise" when the weather is nice. I'll meet up with you if I can!

MR.812

We live just off the parkway at 421 near Wilkesboro NC. The viaduct and and julian price park are pretty close so I like to go up there and "cruise" when the weather is nice. I'll meet up with you if I can!
Sounds good. We will post more details as the trip comes together.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Now that I look at the route again, I could probably join you for at least the last 75 miles.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Seems like if I were to do "The Tail Of The Dragon" and then head to Raleigh, NC to visit my Sister, I would be able to hook up with you guys along the way?

Corgithulhu

Now that I look at the route again, I could probably join you for at least the last 75 miles.
Same here! My brother lives in Asheville, and I could stay with him until the group passes (or if they stop in Asheville for the night) and then join the convoy out to Cherokee. The drive back to Greenville should be fun too since it's all mountain roads through Cullowhee on. Or start with the group in Cherokee and go to Asheville - whichever direction the group goes.

By the way, if anyone is feeling even more ambitious - the Blue Ridge turns into Skyline Drive in Virginia. I've driven about half an hour of that with my truck, and it is also beautiful. It ends in Front Royal towards the very top of VA.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
For those who don't know, the Blue Ridge is not for Hooligan driving. To much traffic, and to low a speed limit that can be strictly enforced. We used to avoid it when riding motorcycles. The scenery is great, just understand what it is.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
To be fair, that's any public road. Tracks are for actin' up.
There are a lot of good roads in the area of the south end of the parkway that are virtually deserted that I prefer. The scenery isn't as spectacular since they are crossing the mountain instead of following the ridge tops. The parkway got really boring on bikes since you would feel like you were driving at 25%. And that's when you weren't stuck behind slow traffic.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
If I can get mine finished and registered in time and if work doesn't interfere, I'll try to join in somewhere. I've been wanting to drive the Blue Ridge, but my wife is a flatlander and has zero interest in doing so.