Bolting up clutch pedal bracket

Johvans

I installed my clutch master cylinder yesterday and realized I didn't know what hardware to use to install the pedal bracket? I assume it was included in the stage 1 kit?

Also there is a switch at the top (clutch position sensor?) and it looks like it will sit above the bodywork? Are people cutting this off and relocating the switch lower?

Thanks!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some photos and instructions for installing the clutch pedal:

Installing the clutch pedal

Tools and equipment
  • 13mm wrench/ratchet+socket
  • 7/16 wrench
  • 3/16 hex key
  • large channel lock pliers
Instructions
Start by removing the nut attached to the bolt that the pedal pivots about. Leave the bolt in the pedal assembly and slide the end through the upright clutch mount on the frame. Loosely tighten the nut with the front of the pedal assembly approximately inline with the front clutch mount.

Next install and tighten the two supplied 1.25 inch long 1/4-20 bolts, four washers and two nylon locking nuts at the front of the clutch pedal assembly. Then tighten the upper clutch mount nut.

Install the clutch pedal master cylinder from the front of the car. Push the plastic clip all the way into the pedal. This can be tricky because it will feel like it has fully clipped in before it actually has.

Push the master cylinder through the four lobed hole of the front mount with the supply tube pointing at roughly 9 o'clock when looking from the front of the car. Using a large pair of pliers, grab the master cylinder across the ears on each side and turn 90 degrees clockwise until the supply tube is aimed at the ceiling. DO NOT use the supply tube to turn the master cylinder. We are very sure that the tube will break off if you try this.