Boost controller?

Adam in CLE

There is a part missing from my intake manifold that bolts on and has vacuum tubes attached to it. Not sure if I need it and have only found 1 option for replacement but according to the site below they say it won't fit. So do I need it and if so where do I find one? Will also need the mounting bracket. Appreciate the help.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I think this is the part you are referencing. Sits right below the turbo.
Gonna need it.

C924CE22-93D6-4034-BFA8-AE3BF8E491BD.jpeg6F6FB76D-27C9-4CAC-97BE-2B1AA6E24A94.jpeg

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would guess that the one in the first post would work although the mounting is a little different, if the electric connector will work. The connector looks the same but hard to say for sure.

Adam in CLE

Thanks for all the info. You are correct, I do have one near the turbo. In the engine prep videos it is on top of the intake manifold. Which now begs the question of why I have wires with nothing to plug into. It is the same plug that goes into the air bypass solinoid valve.

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Thanks for all the info. You are correct, I do have one near the turbo. In the engine prep videos it is on top of the intake manifold. Which now begs the question of why I have wires with nothing to plug into. It is the same plug that goes into the air bypass solinoid valve.
The valve you show in that pic on the intake is the EVAP. If you are not concerned about passing emissions, you can remove it and cap off the port.

Adam in CLE

Thank you! Would be lost without you and the other folks on the forum. This is much different than working on a carbureted hot rod!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
We may have steered you off path last night. You have both a Wastegate solenoid and a Turbocharger Bypass Valve Solenoid that have very similar if not identical connectors. The Wastegate has yellow and pk/bk wires and the bypass has dark green and pk/bk wires. Bypass is mounted in top of the intake labeled A6 in the first picture.

Attachments