Brake Lines

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
As supplied in the kit, the nylon tubing is used between the remote reservoir and the master cylinder. However, I had leaks with that arrangement so I am using these instead.

Scott #321

I have had no leaks using the supplied poly line leftover from vac booster line install. Warm up the line a little to help with flexibility, I used a hair drier to avoid overheating.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I have had no leaks using the supplied poly line leftover from vac booster line install. Warm up the line a little to help with flexibility, I used a hair drier to avoid overheating.
For what ever reason I do not have enough left over of the supplied Poly line. Would these be the correct stuff "Nylon Tubing Fuel Line 1/8 ID Hose Vacuum Tube 3/16" OD Pneumatic Pipe for Air Brake System Or Fluid Transfer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFMMW3P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2B0YPHS2SJ9NM&th=1

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
For what ever reason I do not have enough left over of the supplied Poly line. Would these be the correct stuff "Nylon Tubing Fuel Line 1/8 ID Hose Vacuum Tube 3/16" OD Pneumatic Pipe for Air Brake System Or Fluid Transfer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFMMW3P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2B0YPHS2SJ9NM&th=1

If you're committed to trying to make the barbed brass fittings and nylon tubing work, DM me your address. I'm 98% sure I've got 6-10 feet of it in the garage, and I'll send some your way for the cost of shipping if I do.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
As supplied in the kit, the nylon tubing is used between the remote reservoir and the master cylinder. However, I had leaks with that arrangement so I am using these instead.
View attachment 29021
When it comes to stopping my wife would want me to do what I can to insure that I "Make it Happen" so was able to find the above parts from Summit Racing.

Some of the other companies had an estimated shipping date of March 2022?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
If you're committed to trying to make the barbed brass fittings and nylon tubing work, DM me your address. I'm 98% sure I've got 6-10 feet of it in the garage, and I'll send some your way for the cost of shipping if I do.
‘Thanks for offer, I ended up purchasing some braided line.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Braided brake line? Standard braided line is the same as non-braided line for fuel, etc. if it is not specifically for brake fluid. It will sweat brake fluid too over time and be harder to see because of the braiding. :oops:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Braided brake line? Standard braided line is the same as non-braided line for fuel, etc. if it is not specifically for brake fluid. It will sweat brake fluid too over time and be harder to see because of the braiding. :oops:
If I'm following correctly, he's emulated my setup, which means he'll be fine. This is the product in question.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sorry, my bad, was worried it was the standard braided fuel line, but the PTFE line is good for brake fluid, braided or unbraided. :)