Brake Master Cylinder O-Rings

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I tore one of my o-rings installing my brake reservoir into DF's machined block when originally building my kit - it's had a slow leak since filling. Now that I'm rebuilding, I want to fix this leak. Instead of replacing the entire master cylinder, I'd much rather get new o-rings and save myself a few bucks.

I know brake fluid ruins normal rubber so I wanted to ask if anyone could help me figure out what size & type to order.

Indy Lonnie

I tore one of my o-rings installing my brake reservoir into DF's machined block when originally building my kit - it's had a slow leak since filling. Now that I'm rebuilding, I want to fix this leak. Instead of replacing the entire master cylinder, I'd much rather get new o-rings and save myself a few bucks.
Might try Tractor Supply if there is on near you...

Corgithulhu

You should have a plumbing or maybe even O-ring/rubber supply store somewhere nearby (I actually grew up in Charlotte but don't know any off the top of my head :oops:). They have neat O-ring sizing tools where you fit it into a notch (or just measure thickness with a micrometer) and then drop it onto a stepped cone, like sizing a ring for your finger. You'll get its 3 digit code from there. IMO the most reliable method to get an O-ring size right, instead of trying to measure diameter.