Brake reservoir mounting questions

barichuk

1. I am guessing that the'oval' shaped plugs go into the master cylinder. To get the rubber gaskets to go in I had to use a little tire wet, and they slipped right in. I can now get them in and out by hand since they are slick. Is that a problem? Are they under pressure?
2. What does the mounting bracket look like? Where does it mount?
3. Do the right-angle nozzles go to the master cylinder or the reservoir bottle?

Ross

Goblin Guru
1. The brake reservoir provides brake fluid to the master cylinder when it needs refilling. It is basically gravity fed, or slightly vacuum fed, by the return spring on the brake pedal. The metal lines leaving the master cylinder are the high pressure lines.

2. the relocation mounting bracket is an aluminum block that mounts to the side of the pedal box.

3. There are 90 degree brass fittings on the master and on the reservoir.

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
There are a couple of different versions. Not sure which one you have. Here is the one I had:

barichuk

Actually, DS, I got it backwards. The reservoir is lower than the master cylinder. The picture was meant to show that, but I got the perspective off. I don't see anywhere to mount it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you look at Ross' photos from his response above, the reservoir adapter mounts to the side of the brake pedal box. This should put the fluid level in the reservoir above the master cylinder by DF design. I'm not sure about the 45 degree fittings in the master cylinder, I would think those should be 90 degree fittings?

barichuk

Checked with Lonny. He said either will work in either place. He also indicated that if the max fluid level in the reservoir was above the master cylinder it would be good.