Broken spoiler support brace. Fabricated my own.

GoblinGuyZ

Now that I added a taller spoiler it must have put more strain on the single cross support. Always wanted to add a second so upgraded one time. Super strong now.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Tie the center crossover point firmly and the bracing will technically be stronger - 4 interlocked equilateral triangles, rather than 2 pairs of separate right triangles. Just saying from that engineering voice inside my head. :p

GoblinGuyZ

Tie the center crossover point firmly and the bracing will technically be stronger - 4 interlocked equilateral triangles, rather than 2 pairs of separate right triangles. Just saying from that engineering voice inside my head. :p
lol correct yes that’s the plan I’m looking for a bolt on mechanism that will tie them together securely. I know something must exist just not sure where yet for now just putting a rubber grommet sleeve and cable tying them to stop noise from vibration etc

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Stainless steel wire woven in an 'infinity' criss-cross pattern, chinch-twist is probably the easiest. But, like you, I have seen a bolt-on piece for securing crossing 'flying' wires, just can't locate it.

GoblinGuyZ

Stainless steel wire woven in an 'infinity' criss-cross pattern, chinch-twist is probably the easiest. But, like you, I have seen a bolt-on piece for securing crossing 'flying' wires, just can't locate it.
correct I can see it in my head but not sure the exact name and cant find it. The crossover wire might be a good idea. Alternatively I was thinking about welding a double triangle i the center top and bottom on both and sandwich bolt them together.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
As slender as those rods are they aren’t going to be carrying any real load in compression anyway. We used to tie the crosses on motorcycle wheel spokes but when you look at the dynamics of it they were really only carrying load in tension. All we really accomplished was keeping the spike from getting caught up in things if one broke.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Correct, the rods will only carry tension. Having the centers tied will split the load over two segments versus one when untied. Since @GoblinGuyZ has a big wing, and has already broken a single tension rod, it just makes sense to set up with the strongest possible means. :D