Build Guide Part 1 - Preparing the donor

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Build Guide Part 1 - Preparing the Donor Car
In Part 1 of our build guide video series we focus on preparing the donor Chevrolet Cobalt for the major stripping processes coming up later. The prep work includes testing the donor, cleaning the engine bay, emptying the fuel system and removing the battery.

CodyP

I noticed all the bins in the video when the MAF sensor was replaced to organize donor parts. Is this discussed somewhere or has this practice been abandoned?

Ross

Goblin Guru
So you are at 2:50 into the video when I see the bins.
Well, guess it depends on how organized and OCD you are. I used zip lock bags, and a sharpie mark anywhere to label them. Do what works for you.

CodyP

So you are at 2:50 into the video when I see the bins.
Well, guess it depends on how organized and OCD you are. I used zip lock bags, and a sharpie mark anywhere to label them. Do what works for you.
I started with a screw organizer but it wouldn't be beneficial if there are other parts going in like sensors. I'll probably try the Ziplock route as it seems much easier/quicker to individually identify screws and parts.

AMCAMX1969

I'm just not that organized - looking forward to wasting hours during the build wondering where did I put that piece or digging through the two boxes of screws/nuts/bolts that I removed when I dissected the donor car :)