Build Guide Part 12 - Reorganizing the Wiring Harness, Part 2

Ross

Goblin Guru
My 2006 SS SC ABS plug has different wires, and a lot more of them. Update: This isn't the ABS plug.
I never took the engine harness off of my engine, but I don't see any twisted tan/tan-black data wires. Because this isn't the ABS plug.
There is 2 tan wires and 1 tan-white (not twisted), there is no tan-black in the bundle.

Last edited:

lksohm

Just to make sure that this dead horse is beaten enough, the data wires after all rerouting should go from the top connector of the ECM to the "main connector," correct?

This is on a '07 SS/SC
It doesn't interact with the engine harness connector.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Just to make sure that this dead horse is beaten enough, the data wires after all rerouting should go from the top connector of the ECM to the "main connector," correct?

This is on a '07 SS/SC
It doesn't interact with the engine harness connector.
Maybe at this video, yes... but a later video will have you removing the main connector, and extending the wires longer.
If I remember correctly, the data wires go out the ECM(or PCM if you read Chevy documents) and into the power steering controller, then using a different set of twisted wires, out of the power steering to the BCM.

Engine Contol Module = Power Control Module

Last edited:

lksohm

Ok, that makes more sense.
There are a lot more differences between models than I would have thought.
I think I will watch the wiring videos all the way through taking notes then continue with things.

Thank you!