Build is about to get started

jj01231

Picked up my donor car today from someone that had started the tear down process for their Goblin build but unfortunately had to abort. Going to spend the weekend getting the garage prepped and then start cataloging what I have and getting everything cleaned up. The chassis will be here in a few weeks. It’s all coming together quickly!

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hopefully things that were disassembled/disconnected were labeled. o_O Make sure you label everything that you remove and take more photos than you think you would ever need - they may come in handy later on. :D

jj01231

Hopefully things that were disassembled/disconnected were labeled. o_O Make sure you label everything that you remove and take more photos than you think you would ever need - they may come in handy later on. :D
I haven’t gone through it closely yet but I’m not seeing labels which is going to make this part rough. I just found the list of donor parts needed so that will be my bible to operate from over this stage

jj01231

Also, read through a few or a bunch if the SC builds to see what issues we all encountered. Let our pain be your salvation.
I’ve been doing that for a long time but now I need to start doing it and using them as a guide rather than reading with envy lol

jj01231

Questions are bold so they stick out

I started making my way through the mostly disassembled Cobalt today. Nothing was labeled but so far things haven’t been too difficult to identify especially with the help of google on a couple parts. Here is what I know I’m missing so far after making my way through the interior, Powertrain and wiring sections of the donor parts list document.
Missing/unsure of what “front rubber hoses” are on the brake section or the list is- can anyone tell me what they look like or have a photo?
Can’t find the TCM- messaged the previous owner to see if it happens to be in his workshop still
Don’t have the vacuum hose from the brake booster- the donor parts list document didn’t make it clear if I need the hose or the fitting into the booster or both. The fitting is there but I can’t seem to find a vacuum hose that would fit that or matched the image I found when I googled it- any help here?
I don’t see the parking brake handle or cables either but ran out of time today to dig into it more
The dash assembly is disconnected from the car but nothing has been removed yet so I believe everything is there.
None of the wiring harness was labeled so I spent some time separating and labeling the plugs I could identify. Then I wondered if I need to go through that trouble since I am getting the wiring harness service from DF. Do I just send them all the harnesses and they take care of it?
I did find the pump for the intercooler but haven’t found any mention of that yet- do I need to keep that?

Looking at the brake booster there is a part loose inside of it. It is a retaining clip of sorts and a rod with a plunger or something on one end. Is the booster broken or should it be like that? Picture included

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Vacuum hose for brake booster isn’t a big deal. You will just need a piece of rubber hose to attach the provided plastic hose to the intake and booster.
Or there are other options that make a cleaner installation.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I wouldn’t worry about the harness if you are sending it in. It’s not that bad of a job, to br honest. I’d give it a try, you can always send it to DF if you get overwhelmed

jj01231

I wouldn’t worry about the harness if you are sending it in. It’s not that bad of a job, to br honest. I’d give it a try, you can always send it to DF if you get overwhelmed
I really don’t like wiring but I am going to take a look at the harness instructions to see if it’s something I want to try. I would imagine that the plugs not being labeled would make things more difficult, wouldn’t it?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I really don’t like wiring but I am going to take a look at the harness instructions to see if it’s something I want to try. I would imagine that the plugs not being labeled would make things more difficult, wouldn’t it?
Yeah, that is a good point.