Build is about to get started

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I would imagine that the plugs not being labeled would make things more difficult, wouldn’t it?
I have worked on GM vehicles exclusively for almost 30 years. They use the same connectors for the same parts as much as possible. I know these connectors backwards and forwards……………on the vehicle, where I can see the location. Pull the harness out and try to remember them all..………not so much. Some are a given, but a lot of them could go here or there. It’s extremely difficult to recognize them all just laying on the floor. Label as much as you can. Even if you have to backtrack.

DF probably knows them all by how the harness lays, but they have done a ton of these already.

jj01231

I have worked on GM vehicles exclusively for almost 30 years. They use the same connectors for the same parts as much as possible. I know these connectors backwards and forwards……………on the vehicle, where I can see the location. Pull the harness out and try to remember them all..………not so much. Some are a given, but a lot of them could go here or there. It’s extremely difficult to recognize them all just laying on the floor. Label as much as you can. Even if you have to backtrack.

DF probably knows them all by how the harness lays, but they have done a ton of these already.
I didn’t remove the harness so trying to go back and figure them all out for me to do the wiring work would be a nightmare I think. The guy I bought the cobalt from was planning on doing a Goblin build but decided not to and he had already disassembled pretty much everything except for the rear end, fuel tank etc.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya I understand. We have a builder here in Houston that’s in the same boat. He’s thumbing through the harness, but it’s just taking a lot of extra time.

RCK605

I didn’t remove the harness so trying to go back and figure them all out for me to do the wiring work would be a nightmare I think. The guy I bought the cobalt from was planning on doing a Goblin build but decided not to and he had already disassembled pretty much everything except for the rear end, fuel tank etc.
I'm the builder @Rttoys was referring to. The harness was daunting at first, but now I'm just dragging my feet. @Ross sent me some videos of his harness and connectors that he labeled. I had a few differences, but managed to figure it out.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I don't see a spring clip on the end of yours (green arrow). Maybe it is missing.
The foam is on the wrong side too. The foam goes on beside the spring clip.
The arm going to the brake booster should just slide off... pull on it (red arrow).

The 10mm nuts are against the fire wall.

Last edited:

jj01231

I don't see a spring clip on the end of yours. Maybe it is missing.
The foam is on the wrong side too. The foam goes on beside the spring clip.
The arm going to the brake booster should just slide off... pull on it.

The 10mm nuts are against the fire wall.
I took the foam off already, that’s just a residual piece left. I tried pulling on it as I didn’t see anything holding it on there either but it was pretty stuck so I didn’t want to pull too hard and damage it until I knew that was the right way to get it off

Ross

Goblin Guru
Maybe the brake booster shaft has worn a groove into the pedal post.
Try and wiggle it around while putting side load on the shaft, and see if you can find the right spot that it slides off.
PS: I added a picture in my previous post.

jj01231

Maybe the brake booster shaft has worn a groove into the pedal post.
Try and wiggle it around while putting side load on the shaft, and see if you can find the right spot that it slides off.
PS: I added a picture in my previous post.
This is what I was referring to, in the video it shows a nut securing the rod but mine had a black clip and a different style end

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Different donors I guess. My 2006 LSJ had a clip, so did yours. Mine just slid off after the clip was removed.