Build videos only go so far

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Are we left to figure out the rest, videos seem to only go so far. Don’t get me wrong because I can appreciate the effort and time that went into making them.

example: how will I know what is installed on this panel?

Peregrinus

Are we left to figure out the rest, videos seem to only go so far. Don’t get me wrong because I can appreciate the effort and time that went into making them.

example: how will I know what is installed on this panel?

Do you mean the bcm? The bcm only has provisions for those 4 main plugs, that's about it. Once those are plugged in. And it's installed, you're essentially done there.

There isn't much else up in the front that isn't self explanatory, there's a stage 2 build thread with pictures posted for some of the brake and steering stuff aswell if you need it. Do a quick search for it if you don't have it already. Most of those build videos are recent, they just redid all the wiring videos not long ago, more will come I'm sure. They are busy guys.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I wondered the same thing years ago but quickly realized I didn't really need much more. At that point in the videos you will be well on your way to making your own car and much of the rest is up to your own personalization.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m sure you’re right, once I have everything in front of me I’m sure it won’t seem so complicated.

Peregrinus

And you have an entire forum family to ask questions. You will get through this no sweat! :D
This is so true, you'll never find a bigger group of friendly people all in one place.

Don't forget the 2 main facebook groups too, also good for quick questions. I know a few People frequent both the fb groups and here.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
There's picture albums on the forums Adam made to fill in the gaps. Some are old/outdated for a few of the new updates they've made but its better than nothing.

I found the videos to not be very useful given its for a base model automatic, they've made so many changes since they made that video.

The new(er) wiring harness videos are amazing, though. I successfully did mine and appreciate their detailed efforts in making the video.

Don't forget the 2 main facebook groups too, also good for quick questions. I know a few People frequent both the fb groups and here.
I feel like 99% of the fb group members have no idea that this forum even exists...

Peregrinus

There's picture albums on the forums Adam made to fill in the gaps. Some are old/outdated for a few of the new updates they've made but its better than nothing.

I found the videos to not be very useful given its for a base model automatic, they've made so many changes since they made that video.

The new(er) wiring harness videos are amazing, though. I successfully did mine and appreciate their detailed efforts in making the video.

I feel like 99% of the fb group members have no idea that this forum even exists...
Yeah the fb groups not knowing about the forums is a thing for sure, I've made a few comments for people to sign up here and check it out.