Building extended firewall bulkhead to keep heat out.

Oldchevyguy

I know df kit car sells something like this, but I would like to build my own. My factory five GTM has an vertical aluminum wall above the toe board to block hot air entering the cockpit. It seals against the hood. Has anyone ever built something like this for a Goblin? Pictures of what you built, or the one the Doyle's sell would be great.

Lethalcast

Yeah I built one from gun case foam on amazon. It works quite well and sends the heat down instead of coming right at you from under the hood. The one problem it created was pulling heat from behind you between the engine cover and firewall since there was no airflow coming through the cabin with the firewall in I guess it created a vacuum of sorts. I went to ace and grabbed a piece of plexi then used some 3m velcro to able to remove it easily. I also found out that if I had just the plexi installed and no firewall in it would divert the air down like I had the firewall installed. I would go down and grab a piece of plexi to install there and see how that works for you before making the foam firewall. It's not fun making it.

Oldchevyguy

A lot of cutting, placing and a little measuring haha. I used a bread knife for a lot of it and a little steak knife for other parts.
I'll get it right with a cardboard template first. Though about making vertical "fins" inside to direct the hot air out the control arm area.