Button panel resistor

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know what size resistor this is? It's on the RES/+ button in the switch panel.
PXL_20210218_022350991.jpg

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I believe these a post from Lonny or Adam that covers the button panel resistors. I’ll have to find it

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Found it:

Fozda

Goblin Guru
@Lonny do you know what size resistor that is? I've looked for 1620 without any results and I'm having a hard time figuring it out based on the colors.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Assuming 1620 is the right one (It's what I ordered but haven't gotten to that point yet). Digi-Key search doesn't show up with 1620 but does with 1.62k.

That will work, as it is the same value.
Nate, if you can't see the resistor colors, you can always measure the resistor with a meter.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Reading the bands, brown, brown, blue, orange, green = 1, 1, 6, 1K, 0.5 or 116K Ohm .5% according to the color bands.

Edit: or could be green, orange, blue, brown, brown = 5, 3, 6, 10, 1 or 5.36K Ohm 1%. Or is that orange band gold, hard to tell from the photo.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Hard to tell from the photo exactly how that resistor is wired also, it might be the 5360 ohm resistor on the other side of the RES+ switch in the sketch by Lonny linked in post 3.

MJP61

I am thinking about getting the dash panel buttons from DF, but I have a few questions. Why are there resistors in the dash panel harness? What is the ACC button controlling? My donor doesn’t have cruise control. Can I use those buttons for something else?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Those resistors are used so multiple buttons can be connected to one input to the "brain". Depending on the combination of resistance, it changes the voltage on the signal wire to the "brain". So in other words, if the signal wire has say 1.7v on it, it knows that the Info button was pressed, if it has 2.3 volts on the wire it knows that the Enter button was pressed. This way it doesn't have to have a dedicated wire and input for every button. It's kind of a multiplexed system. You keyboard is another example of this

You can certainly wire an unused button to something else if you wish.