Button Panel Wiring

ATMironov

I think most wires that are pink or pink with white trace are constant 12V.
yeah, agreed, but I’m not getting any continuity back to the BCM X3 or X4 plugs. Before I run a new wire i would like to see where it’s supposed to be connected.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Looking at the late model schematics that power originated at BCM X4 F9. It did run through the steering clock spring and you may have missed reconnecting there. It really doesn’t matter where you get ignition voltage from though, but it probably should be hot with ignition on.

ATMironov

Looking at the late model schematics that power originated at BCM X4 F9. It did run through the steering clock spring and you may have missed reconnecting there. It really doesn’t matter where you get ignition voltage from though, but it probably should be hot with ignition on.
Thanks Gtstorey, I found that diagram as well, and was thinking the same thing.
@Lonny can you confirm for late model button wiring, the ignition voltage should come from BCM X4 F9?

Thanks!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It really doesn’t matter what pin you pull it from, 12v is 12v. If that pin is hot when you switch on the ignition it will work.

ATMironov

To close this out, I have confirmed that its powered from X4 F9. I had a blown fuse, #19

kurbkilla

It looks like I have two gray wires, do I put both of them in with the single gray wire?

NVM I missed step 21 in video 8 about the harness. One of the gray wires gets removed from the harness.

Last edited: