Button Panel

Josh's09

Some button panel wiring info here.
Thanks for responding so quickly Ross, I have come across that link before and no offense, but It is pretty much looks like chinese to me lol. I am so underprepared for this section and I am struggling. I am thinking I need to cut this piece (picture with hand in it (which goes to rear of of the speedometer))

-

And then do the following the diagram you linked, correct?

Attachments

Josh's09

Some button panel wiring info here.
Early model Cobalts (2005-2007) have different wiring than the late model Cobalts (2008-2010)
Also, do I need to go get the resistors listed in the link you provided? I can just go to autozone and ask for the specific ones listed?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Thanks for responding so quickly Ross, I have come across that link before and no offense, but It is pretty much looks like chinese to me lol. I am so underprepared for this section and I am struggling. I am thinking I need to cut this piece (picture with hand in it (which goes to rear of of the speedometer))

-

Did you do your own harness or did you have DF do the harness for you, either way you should have a bundle of wires coming off of the harness without a plug. the first picture you show looks like the instrument panel connector which you do not want to cut.

Also, do I need to go get the resistors listed in the link you provided? I can just go to autozone and ask for the specific ones listed?
If your button panel set came from DF it should have the resistors already installed, if you are making your own panel set you will need to source resistors.

Josh's09

Did you do your own harness or did you have DF do the harness for you, either way you should have a bundle of wires coming off of the harness without a plug. the first picture you show looks like the instrument panel connector which you do not want to cut.

If your button panel set came from DF it should have the resistors already installed, if you are making your own panel set you will need to source resistors.
I had DF do it for me. THANK YOU for replying! lol I was about to cut away because I am so impatient. I am so dumb and just overlooked everything that is in plain view and perfectly labeled by DF. Sorry for all the confusion.

Ross

Goblin Guru

-

That is the wrong connector. That one goes to the instrument panel.
The one you need goes to the steering wheel clock spring. It is black, and has 1 row of 10 pins. My car wiring diagram is a little different than yours, but the connector should be the same. Since DF did your harness, the black connector probably has already been removed, and button panel wires connected? (DF didn't do my harness, so I am not sure)

Last edited:

Josh's09

That was a VERY helpful link! Thank you for sharing it Ross! I'll be going through your YT videos later tonight.