Canyons trackframe LSJ-T Htown

canyon bolieu

new build. Just ordered my frame it's gonna be a dark purple (will post pics) soon. My 06 cobalt ss was totaled by a drunk driver so I found out about df goblin so I pulled everything out of the car and painted it..
mods list:
Borg Warner s256et
80lbs injectors
OTTP boost reference fuel pressure system
OTTP rotated trans mounts
Hahn intake and intercooler pipping
GM 2.4 alternator
ZZPerformance ecotec turbo downpipe
ZZPerformance turbo manifold 38mm vband
Tial 38mm wastegate
Turbo smart BOV
Hahn cat back
Ark racing springs

Attachments

canyon bolieu

subframe is out and I've painted most of the parts already now I am working on wiring it's a bit different from the videos they have posted but if you have the money I would say send it to them and let them do it. I'm on the last video of the wiring I maybe have a few hours left. I'm going to try to get it done this weekend cause I will be on a turnaround starting Monday

Attachments

AleX1/9

Kudos for turning lemons into lemonade my man. That is really the perfect donor for a goblin. Hopped up motor, rear end collision, already in your driveway!

Have fun, welcome to the forum, keep us posted

Johvans

Welcome!

I assume H-town means Houston? Looks like you will have an awesome setup.

If you don't mind me asking who did your tuning?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Well that's an awesome donor. Are you running an atmospheric or recirculating BOV?

Welcome!

I assume H-town means Houston? Looks like you will have an awesome setup.

If you don't mind me asking who did your tuning?
And I've been recommended MTI tuners in Houston for Ecotecs. Ask for Jason.

Justinreed7

I like anything that goes fast
Kendal and MSP (mad scientist performance) in Houston Texas. He is the tuner of the 800+whp cobalt ss
I asssume your referring to Roy Rodelas cobalt. Last time I checked he's only broken 700whp. Not to mention his constant head gasket issues.

Justinreed7

The absolute best ecotec tuner is Taylor Leier at Topspeed Motorsports. He tunes 1300whp GTRs on a daily basis and personally owns a 650whp 2.0 LSJ that's had no issues for 3 years at that power level. He's located in Alpharetta, GA

canyon bolieu

The absolute best ecotec tuner is Taylor Leier at Topspeed Motorsports. He tunes 1300whp GTRs on a daily basis and personally owns a 650whp 2.0 LSJ that's had no issues for 3 years at that power level. He's located in Alpharetta, GA
Kendall's wife daily drives a 630whp twin charged redline that he's tuned. And Roy doesn't have head gasket issues he's got headstud issues he keeps stretching them. I'm not sure who the other guy is I'm not saying he's bad or anything but I'd rather just have Kendall tune mine he's close to me but if your over there close to Georgia then I'd go to him. Kendall just does street tunes unless you wanna rent a dyno for an hour or two

Justinreed7

Oh yeah I totally agree and I'm not down grading your tuner at all. And I was referring to the head studs stretching when I mentioned head gasket issues. He could solve his problem if he bit the bullet and bought ARP 625 head studs instead of generic ARP 2000s. They're custom order but worth the engine trouble.

canyon bolieu

IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG
Stacked the subframe yesterday. I've been slowly painting the motor and trans and all the other parts. I finished the wiring harness I'll have the guys at df kit car look at it to see how many extra plugs I have haha. Frame should be here within a week then I'll start slowly putting it together.

Attachments

canyon bolieu

IMG_2465.JPG
IMG_2467.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG
Well the frame has arrived with stage one and stage two, the color came out beautiful better than I thought it would. Just went to Louisiana for a job but once I get back I'll start installing piece by piece taking it slow. The color of the frame is disco purple.

canyon bolieu

Well just got back from Louisiana today so I decided to see why I could get done in a few hours. So I installed the brake t's, steering rack, and one of the cooling hoses... that cooling hose whooped my ass hopefully the next one is easy I'll find out in the morning I guess!
Tomorrow I will be dropping off the sheet metal to get powder coated along with a few other pieces. And I still have a few more to sand down and paint like the pedal boxes the intermediate shaft and pedals not sure why I painted the calipers and literally everything but those few and they are the first pieces that get installed ‍♂♂♂

Attachments

canyon bolieu

Okay so I did get the other hose in the next day I just never posted on here. That's probably the hardest thing you will do on this car so just prepare yourself use lots of small zip ties and get you a gallon of astroglide or ky jelly cause she's a tight fit lol. So after that I tried to install my steering shaft and the lines to the master cylinder and found out the steering shaft is seized and the master cylinder is stripped so that's was great. But I also took a trip up to red oak to see the shop where the magic happens, I rode in Lonny's turbo goblin and got to drive the p2 I believe. There's so much cool stuff they are working on and there's a lot I had no idea about on these goblins. Got my seats from them also and went ahead and ordered the coilovers with my stage 3 kit

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
My steering shaft was frozen solid as well. I used my hydraulic press to very slowly compress it until the cross bolts would slide in. A floor jack under a workbench would work as well.

I literally did it about a 1/16" at a time and checked constantly because if you get it too short I have no idea how you'd stretch it back out. Maybe with a slide hammer but dunno.