Carbon Soul's 08 SS/TC Extended Track Build #284

Carbon Soul

Well we've finished up stripping the interior and have most of the parts sorted out. I plan on finishing up with the car and starting the harness on Sunday. Once all that's done, I've got to tear down the motor and see what going on with it. I'm really hoping I can get by with just rings until winter comes around, otherwise I think I'll buy a crate like other have.

Attachments

Carbon Soul

I still have the back end up in the air and a couple more things to stop before I'm done with it. I'll post some pics when I think I have everything out. You guys are too good at I spy!! :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It’s a superpower we have. Some super hero’s can fly, shoot spider webs or breathe underwater, we can spot needed cobalt parts. o_O

Carbon Soul

I hope to one day obtain these powers. My pile of uuuuhh, we will keep it for now... Keeps getting bigger :D
What did you all use to degrease your wiring harness? My hands are getting oily just typing about it...

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I hope to one day obtain these powers. My pile of uuuuhh, we will keep it for now... Keeps getting bigger :D
What did you all use to degrease your wiring harness? My hands are getting oily just typing about it...
I just wore nitrile gloves for the whole thing. I found Clorox wipes took the meds off my hands for the times I had to use my bare hands. Could try that

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It's a blessing, and a curse...

...actually, it's just experience. Most of us with completed Goblins have left something behind in the donor, missed labeling something of importance, learned the hard way about LNF knuckles vs the rest, etc etc.

Carbon Soul

We decided to put the shop on hold. So in order to have an enclosed build space we decided to move our carport from one side of the house to the other. We used one 10" caster per side. It worked out much better than expected, but I should have added 2 swivel casters to the front. We ended up using a truck to drag it the majority of the way. Got it bolted in with some anchor bolts and will be putting the enclosure on in the morning. Just in time for the storms this week.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I soaked it in paint thinner, one section at a time. And then rinsed it with the garden hose and then dipped in alcohol to dry it out. Remove the connector seals before dipping in paint thinner, they tend to swell a little bit. By the time it was done, they were squeaky clean and a lot nicer to work with.

Carbon Soul

Got everything closed up before the weather this week. Added caulking to the edges to help prevent water from coming in. I don't expect it to be waterproof, but I guess in this case it's, "drops make gallons?" Also working on the timing of Fortune Son and the flashbang for maximum effectiveness.

Attachments

Carbon Soul

The wiring harness is complete! So thankful my Dad was willing to help. (Even though he actually did most of the work) All in all, we spent about 20 hours on the harness. 7/10 would do it again. 9/10 if it was in the fall. We also added some insulation to the roof as it was reaching 150 degrees . Here is a quick edit I did on my phone. Definitely needs some polish, but not bad for my first! 5/10

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Captivating!!
I like how some of your family/friends came to help hold the table down with their elbows….. :p

Last edited:

Carbon Soul

Ha! Someone has to make sure the table doesn't go anywhere! Lol. My two younger brothers will be featured quite a bit more in the coming videos!