Carl's Track Goblin - 05 SS SC donor, Chassis # 39

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Had some arts and crafts time over the weekend and today.
Utilizing the printed body mounts, recreated the hood and nose side panels.
20200406_171857.jpg

Still was not liking the tall side profile before the dash.
So, attempted lowering it today and incorporating a wind deflector into the body instead of adding a bolt on polycarbonite one later.
20200408_195128.jpg

Just need to finish the drivers side and then can take it for a test drive.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hey, where did the air splitter and canard dive planes go??? That is what I liked the most from your last revision of the bodywork arts and crafts project. :)

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Hey, where did the air splitter and canard dive planes go??? That is what I liked the most from your last revision of the bodywork arts and crafts project. :)
Oh, arts and crafts time isn't over. I still have more hot glue sticks and cardboard! Those pieces will be coming back. :p

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Been able to do a little work towards getting street legal. Purchased some inexpensive CBR600 mirrors.
Then designed and printed some mounting adapters for the mirrors.
Instead of using the front turn signal wiring,
I wanted the lights in the mirrors to be running lights and turn signals, so I tapped into the rear turn signal wiring. Pretty simple and clean since that wiring originates from the footwell BCM.
20200629_211932.jpg

On another note, I ran across this 3 wheeler the other day. Vanderhall. Kind of cool from side or back. But the front, eh.
20200629_150759.jpg

20200629_150741.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, eh! There is one around us. A guy at a car show had to show me of a picture of one he ran across. That was my thought, eh.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well that is going big! I like it.
Curious, how is the air that enters your front radiator suppose to get out?
Out the bottom, or thru the cabin?
I was thinking of closing off the bottom, and letting the air out the sides, by the front suspension.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well that is going big! I like it.
Curious, how is the air that enters your front radiator suppose to get out?
Out the bottom, or thru the cabin?
I was thinking of closing off the bottom, and letting the air out the sides, by the front suspension.
Vented out through suspension arms. Hidden by the front tire in the pic.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well, to honest that's the first and third one I built.
I was going to design and 3d print some, but I just dont think it be entirely strong enough without making it look bulky.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Been working on my digital dash mount utilizing a Samsung tablet and think I have something I like finally. I had drawn it up a month ago, went to print it and my printer died. Gotta give credit to Walmart and their warranty. Whole process took a month but received a full credit allowing the purchase of a new printer and some upgrade parts for it.
View attachment 11225

View attachment 11226

View attachment 11221

View attachment 11222

View attachment 11227

View attachment 11224
This looks Awesome ! What type/size samsung tablet are you using ? Is the tablet fast/responsive ? My old "Tab A" is sorta slow with Racecapture...Can you share the STL file on here ? I'm running race capture and want to ditch the button panels I printed out and looking to do something similar for a dash.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
This looks Awesome ! What type/size samsung tablet are you using ? Is the tablet fast/responsive ? My old "Tab A" is sorta slow with Racecapture...Can you share the STL file on here ? I'm running race capture and want to ditch the button panels I printed out and looking to do something similar for a dash.
The tablet I'm using is the new Samsung Tab A 8in. Using just a cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapter now, which seems fairly fast. An OBD2 to USB adapter is supposed to be the fastest connection which will work for Torque Pro. Not sure with Racecapture.
I'll get you the file sometime tonight after work.