Carl's Track Goblin - 05 SS SC donor, Chassis # 39

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
New app to try out on the tablet dash. (Dashboard Racing, for Android)
Mainly for Sim racing but has the ability to connect to OBD2.
You can change the back lighting colors, cold water temp vs hot shift warning limits. A couple of different information layouts but doesn't look like you can add or remove displayed info.
20211109_083915.jpg

Last edited:

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
A video from earlier this year.
Testing performed prior to building the wing pylons. To identify what the air is doing behind the car in the area of where a wing would be to determine height.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looks like the top yarn is blowing almost straight back, the second yarn down is better at a faster speed. As expected everything below that is all over the map. :oops: No surprise there, considering all of the conversation on the forum about the rear wing effectiveness. But your scientific method proves this out. :D BTW, how tall to the top of the uprights in the video?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Looks like the top yarn is blowing almost straight back, the second yarn down is better at a faster speed. As expected everything below that is all over the map. :oops: No surprise there, considering all of the conversation on the forum about the rear wing effectiveness. But your scientific method proves this out. :D BTW, how tall to the top of the uprights in the video?
The trailing edge of the uprights measure 28in.
That puts the wings main element at the same height as the roll hoop. The limit which most sanctioning bodies allow, from what I've read. But the second element is higher. If it's ever questioned, I can always shorten them.

I'll try to get some yarn tufts video of the rear wing but that may have to wait 'till spring. Weather in the NW and all.

hudrive

Ok, they're posted back up. Had some issues trying to get the files uploaded to that post. Could be related to why they went missing in the first place.
Let me know if you were able to download them successfully or not.
Well, superb build here. o_O
Have sent PM to you, unfortunately no answer. Got an idea to remodel the mount a bit, but don´t find the STL files.
Can you please re-upload these or answer to me PM?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Looks good, CJ! I was digging the street sign look though
Thanks! That street sign vinyl is tuff stuff, it's a pain to get all the adhesive off.
If this vinyl doesn't hold up very well, I'll be switching over from Hot Rod red to Stop Sign red sign vinyl.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
You can toe in the front to help alleviate some turn in oversteer. You may need a front swaybar to keep the rear inside loaded. I did read a forum where Steve Holscher was able to suspension tune his modified Mr2 to work without swaybars entirely for autocross.

If your interested some information about the setup theory can be found here :https://www.mr2oc.com/threads/sts2-mk1-suspension-setup-w-host-xhead.298272/
I thought the other day on your past comment ccanx about toe settings and started checking the rear toe the other day. It was at .5 in. toe out!
I remember setting it with no toe, but must've got it wrong somehow. This time I made sure to roll the back and forth quite a bit to get things settled. What a pain to do and set everything back up. I need to get my grease plates back from my dad's house to make it easier/quicker.

Anyways, took it out for a drive and I can kind of tell it makes a difference cornering. Wont know for sure until I can really push it in safe area in the corners. (next autocross)
Launching the car has improved as it hooks up a better now, even on cold tires.

Still have to recheck the front toe.