Carl's Track Goblin - 05 SS SC donor, Chassis # 39

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Autox days have all been threat of snow or rain. Had a day after work that wasn't raining and itching to drive it and follow up on some basic testing.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
My aluminum wing mount support strut failed. Cheap HD aluminum flat stock.
20220712_203024.jpg

Weight was much different so I decided to go steel tubing and heim joint ends as a replacement. Mounting brackets to come.
20220712_202947.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I went for the lightweight option: (4) 1/4-20 eye bolts, (8) flat washers, (8) 1/4-20 nuts, (4) thimble and ferrule sets, some heat shrink, and (2) lengths of 1/8 inch wire rope.

That new link looks like it'll be quite robust!

Davidljones88

Well, she started and sputtered. Checked the MAF and sure enough I had it backwards.
Flipped it around and idles nice and smoorh.
Problem is the gauges aren't working. When you turn the key on the check engine light in the security light comes on then when you start the car the gauges don't respond.
When the key is out the gages the speedometer and tachometer and fuel guage will jump.
I'm having similar issues. Did you get it resolved?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm spotting a repurposed road sign! Looks good and adds 10 points to the 'go faster' factor! LOL! Can't wait to see what the final diffuser looks like. ;):cool:

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I didn't want to post this, but feel I needed to. I've rewritten it a couple of times now so it might not make any sense.

To the guy who got me interested in cars, racing, aircraft and well, anything fast and noisy.

As early as I can remember, and probably even before, he had me under the hood of a car, under the car on a creeper, in the drivers seat or in the cockpit of an aircraft. Teaching me what everything was, how it all worked, how to make it work better or make a car faster. He was a great teacher.

He was a great driver, who taught me alot about driving/racing. On a road course, he could out pace his friends, who raced in the SCCA Trans Am series with their big block Corvette's. Him, with his "street" appearing '71 small block vette with me, riding shotgun on the track. Sitting a homemade booster seat, he'd have me wave to his friends as we passed them at 145mph going into turn 1!

Although he enjoyed cars and racing, his real passion was aircraft and flying. He had always wanted to be a pilot since he was kid.
He worked hard to earn money and trade work for flight time to get his private pilots license. He then was able to get into the Air Force academy. Flying for the Air Force, he was a meticulous and safety focused pilot. During his career he flew T33 trainers, fighters, B47 bombers and then the C141. (The main aircraft I can recall)
Although our relationship wasn't always the best, there was also a lot of great times and memories too. I learned a lot from him. He was my dad. I loved him.
Thank you for standing up for what was right, despite the great costs.
Thank you for all you did for our family and for me.
Miss you dad.
20230810_214300.jpg

Resized_20191112_094618.jpg

Last edited: