Carolina goblins!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I am in Smithfield, NC south east of Raleigh and am planning to attend the SCCA Auto Cross Event at zMAX on Feb 22nd and MCAS at Cherry Point on the 28th and or 29th of Mar if anyone wants to see and ride a Goblin in full action.

KSLunsfo

This almost slipped my mind! I guess a day at the track is worth lost time working on the car, ha! What time will you guys be there? Guessing as a spectator no need to be there at a particular time, but I see the first car out is 10:15. With clear traffic, I appear to be just over an hour from zMAX.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
This almost slipped my mind! I guess a day at the track is worth lost time working on the car, ha! What time will you guys be there? Guessing as a spectator no need to be there at a particular time, but I see the first car out is 10:15. With clear traffic, I appear to be just over an hour from zMAX.
Yea as a spectator it's free (as far as I know) and begins at 10ish... I'm thinking around 11 sounds within reason.

KSLunsfo

Good meeting everyone! It was great to see a well built Goblin in action! Can't wait to have mine moving under it's own power...

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Had a great day everyone love the photos! First day out with the A7s definitely need to understand tire pressure I started out at 18psi rear and 16psi front the car drifted more then I’d like but not too bad. Ended up 16psi rear and 14psi front and it was losing traction in the rear more. The challenge also was the temperature at this time was 50 degrees. Power wise with the 2.9 pulley was much better.

It was awesome seeing 3 DF owners and many others asking questions about the build. The DF team should be proud most events I go to there are at least 15-20 people asking about the car. I find it funny that most people think it’s a Honda engine because I powder coated the valve cover red. I previously owned B16s and S2000s so the red has always been my favorite.

The challenge I give others is finish your builds! Right now I come in 1st each event in my class because I’m the only one! So 210 cars today and only 1 E-MOD. My wife did drive today and she is going to be a challenge soon so I need more practice

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
It was great to meet you guys and talk cars. Incredible group of Goblin guys we have going in NC. My first ride in a Goblin besides my neighborhood shakedown runs was with ncgoblin at the event and my mind was blown at how hard you can push these through the course. Major props to his wife for coming out and killing it in her first event - she may end up giving us all a run for our money!

The theme: if you're not getting satellite reception through your wing you're not that serious

Nose lift at takeoff with the 275's in the rear

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I see what you mean by satellite reception - holycow those are some big pieces of aluminum hanging off some of those cars. Makes a Goblin wing look downright pathetic for capturing those SETI signals! :p