Change from E85 to 93 Octane

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I was wanting to switch to 93 Octane from E85 , I read on line all you needed to do was run fuel tank almost empty then fill up with regular gas.
It can’t be that easy can it ?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I believe you will have to adjust your feul trims and spark mapping , e85 uses much more fuel and you may flood your engine unless you have a flex sensor and tune for 93. I installed the larger 80lb injectors that ZZP uses for e85 but just run 93 for the time being.

Ross

Goblin Guru
E85 requires about 30% more fuel:air than gasoline. So, yes you need injectors that can flow that much more fuel.
If your 09 SS has a flex fuel sensor, then the ECU is ready to run the new fuel, and your injectors will be sized to handle the extra fuel.
If not, you will need to tune the ECU to run on the new fuel, and have big enough injectors installed.

Last edited:

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
It’s the goblin I bought of Ken Leiker he ran E85 with a 3 Gall tank. So I was wanting to use a regular goblin tank.
Plus E85 is so hard to find.
It’s a 2007 supercharged

ccannx

Goblin Guru
It’s the goblin I bought of Ken Leiker he ran E85 with a 3 Gall tank. So I was wanting to use a regular goblin tank.
Plus E85 is so hard to find.
It’s a 2007 supercharged
You need a 93 tune, your injectors are probably fine. Get with AL McClure with ZZP and he may be able to give you a PCM recalibration. He probably already has the files for that car.

Congratulations on the awesome acquisition, that car is well built !

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yeah, your LSJ engine only knows how to burn 1 fuel. Right now it will be programmed for E85, and will run pig rich on gasoline.
Not sure who tuned your engine to run on E85, but that should be re-tuned for gas.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The ZZP Caned file for 93 and E85 for the SS/SC was surprisingly not too bad. My first goblin ran great. They tend to stay conservative though. So if your looking for max power the canned won't do it.

Nuker-

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Yeah, your LSJ engine only knows how to burn 1 fuel. Right now it will be programmed for E85, and will run pig rich on gasoline.
Not sure who tuned your engine to run on E85, but that should be re-tuned for gas.
Al McClure at ZZP did it and Ken give me all the tune info so that helps,