Changing over to a TC from a SC engine

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Be better to turbo swap the LSJ. That’s what I’m doing. Intro kit with the K04 from ZZP is around $1800 I think.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Hey r3drckt I want to do the ZZP TC swap also how did you build come out and what will I need to do to achieve it thanks in advance.
Haven’t finished the build yet unfortunately. Life has it on the back burner at the moment. The kit comes with everything you’d need to remove the SC and put a TC on the LSJ. You retain the factory Laminova cores and intake, the kit comes with the new exhaust manifold, turbo, turbo oil lines, and intake tubing though. Otherwise, your goblin build proceeds just like the normal SC build. You’d still have to run the tubes down the middle to the heat exchanger in the front (or where ever you mount your heat exchanger) and run the heat exchanger coolant pump used in the factory SC setup.

ADVDFW

Haven’t finished the build yet unfortunately. Life has it on the back burner at the moment. The kit comes with everything you’d need to remove the SC and put a TC on the LSJ. You retain the factory Laminova cores and intake, the kit comes with the new exhaust manifold, turbo, turbo oil lines, and intake tubing though. Otherwise, your goblin build proceeds just like the normal SC build. You’d still have to run the tubes down the middle to the heat exchanger in the front (or where ever you mount your heat exchanger) and run the heat exchanger coolant pump used in the factory SC setup.

Did you need to buy the SC or TC kit from DFG? I am planning this build and trying to figure out what all I will need to get.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you're starting with an SC car and running ZZP's basic turbo setup then I think you're good with a regular SC setup from DF. Off the top of my head the biggest differences between the SC and TC Goblin kits are in the TC's A2W intercooler and the fuel hanger bolt pattern on the tank, neither of which are relevant to an LSJ with the ZZP basic turbo kit. You may need to source a little bit of intake piping, but probably not anything crazy.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Did you need to buy the SC or TC kit from DFG? I am planning this build and trying to figure out what all I will need to get.
I purchased the SC kit because it’s what my donor was. If you plan on going with a normal A2A turbo configuration, then it may not matter. Either way, you’ll want to message DF about your intention to turbo swap so they can include the turbo muffler instead of the SC muffler. I forgot to do It so I will need to have one welded onto the muffler or a custom one made.